Apeman

Gary Mason

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all this iis my first post as i have just got me dash cam, i have a lot of reading to do but one quesrion first do many leave there dash cam in the car/windscreen, I only ask as I have see a couple of parked cars in my area and the dash cam was in plane view, seems risky to me a bit like leaving your satnav on your dash/windscreen.

Cheers take care
Kojack

but one quesrion first do many leave there dash cam in the car/windscreen
I always do. They are in my cars right now. I have even left my windows down once or twice and no one has bothered them. I was a little suspicious once because one time my windows were down one fell (Had two up front). I have almost never had them fall so it felt a little like the Dane Cook B&E bit, (The Door Kicker) but other then that no issues.

Leave in car all the time, but when looking for a dashcam it is a good idea to look for something that will allow for a stealthy install.
But your options are dictated on the layout on the top of your windscreen, some new cars have a large sensor array there, other cars have rear view mirror coming off the windscreen glass so little room behind it, and some windscreens have a dotted area on the top, and that is nice as it can hide most of your camera.

This thread have a lot of visuals of how people are installing their dashcams in a range of vehicles.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/where-did-you-mount-the-camera-post-your-pictures.502/

Thanks for the reply guys, well as i have already bought 1 dash cam I'll use that as a practice install and get my wife's one when I know what I am doing.

Cheers

...as i have already bought 1 dash cam I'll use that as a practice install and get my wife's one when I know what I am doing...
Be careful - very careful. It's a slippery slope you're about to step on to. :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
<---

Back