App Doesn't Connect

jdougal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have installed the b1w-carcvr app on my Pixel 3XL. I am able to connect to the WIFI from the device. When I open the app and attempt to connect to the camera nothing happens. "Connecting" stays on the screen infinitely. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success, as well as trying to connect with and without the SD card installed.

have you tried turning off your data, then connecting to the camera's wifi ssid?

For some Android phone models (like Google Pixel 3XL and SAMSUNG S9+), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to the internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smartphone.
1. For example, SAMSUNG S9 users: go to Settings — WLAN —Advanced, switch off the “Automatic Data Switch” option, or simply switch off the mobile data usage.
2. If a proxy setting is applied to the Wi-Fi setting, the connection may also fail. Tap the SSID of the camera and go to Advanced — Proxy Settings, select “none” and save the Wi-Fi connection.
3. Switch off then switch on the Wi-Fi option to try again.
4. Quit the app (also kill the background process of the app) and reopen the app.

Back