App Wifi issue

gamesfrager

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, everyone.
I have my A139 for over two years now. I had an issue during the first year where the camera upon pressing the WiFi button would announce that WiFi is on, but I didn't see the SSID anymore.
That one was replace by Viofo.
Last week, I was trying to see what protected videos I have on the card and do some cleanup, and pressing the WiFi button and then I was able to connect to the WiFi through the phone's WiFi menu.
However, when I launch the app (Android 12) and tap connect, I get `Error: device disconnected]

Here is what I tried:
- make sure all permissions are enabled
- made sure remove permission option is disabled
- cleared cache
- stopped the app
- cleared storage
- made sure the app is up-to-date

But nothing worked.
So, I:
- uninstalled the app
- restarted the phone
- reset the camera through the buttons combo
- installed the app again

This time I was able to connect and redo the settings.

A few days later I tried to connect, but same issue as before. Went straight to resetting the camera and I was able to connect again.
I noticed the firmware was 1.5. So, I downloaded the latest one ( v 1.9) from the support page and installed it.
All went well, I was able to adjust the settings and saw some new ones (for the new bluetooth remote). I also lost the ability to set the frame rate to 60, but that's ok.

Today, I tried to connect to the camera and I faced the same issue. I can connect to the WiFi but as soon as I try to connect view the app; I get the error.

I'm sick and tired of this.

For any new company entering the dashcam market; if you want to jump ahead of everyone else and be successful; just make sure your app connecting to the camera is rock solid.
The whole 4k and soon 5 and god knows what other bells and whistles are installed, if we can't connect to the damn thing; it's almost useless.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

Last edited:
The error happens to me sometimes as well but I just need to reconnect and it works.

But I got you, I upgraded the firmware from like 1.6 to 1.9 recently because everytime I tried to access the files the recording started on its own and interrupted the loading - I was frustrated as hell for months, since when one accesses the files via HTTP/FTP it doesn't matter whether it's recording or not it just works... Same goes for thumbnails which don't work at all and when I try to find something, it's kinda hit-or-miss process.

Back