Audio cuts in and out

filthyPierre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2
Hi there,

Today I needed to view some footage from my SC9665GC V2, and upon watching the video, the audio was cutting in and out. Like on and off, on and off; full and then nothing. About half a second of each.

So first thing I did was check for new firmware, and since it had been a while, there was an update, 20181127, which I applied. Reset all my setttings. No luck, audio is the same, cuts in and out about half second cycle time.

Not sure how long it's been like that. Last time I checked footage was probably a couple of months ago, and it definitely wasn't like that then.

Any ideas, or is it fubar/time for a new one? Video is still fine.

Cheers,

Pete

if you've updated firmware and it's still doing it then it might be a hardware issue, you'd need to send it to us for anything further

Well, this is embarrassing. I pretty much only use VLC for viewing videos, wherever they're from. It would seem a recent update has given it this annoying feature. I tried viewing the vids from the dashcam in different viewers (5k and Windows Video), and bugger me, audio is fine. I went back and looked at some older vids from the cam with VLC and guess what, same problem. So the issue is with VLC, not the camera. Thank @#@%$#$ for that :-)

Cheers

Thanks, same here, going back to 3.0.7 has resolved the problem.

Cheers

Back