Auto box X6B

Neerlythere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate your views on the Auto Vox X6B please; slightly mixed reviews but looks reasonable in my ignorance:-)

I will be having two rear cameras one of the caravan and one for the car when not towing.

I am in UK

TIA

“The X6B and addition rear camera can be £201.99.
We can send a free extra long cable. But the long cable is out of stock in the UK. We need to send it from China.”

Totally unknown brand to me..
By the sound of your config it sound as if the camera ( rear ) are wireless, otherwise bringing a power & data wire from a car to a caravan are hard, next to unheard off, first of all you will need a waterproof connector somewhere around the town hitch.

If they are really wifi, it will have to be strong wifi, at least in transmit from a dashcam, the signal do not reach very far, but of course here your front camera will be receiving.
If wired, you will also ned a longer than usual wire, they tend to top out at around 7 M length for cameras i know about.

Googling this system, it is a mirror style camera, and the wired rear camera look to be just analog, which at least for the caravan will be fine to reverse buy, but utterly no good for dashcam / identifikation purpose.
There seem to be a 10 M extension cable, so if the provided part have a plug at the end and you can route it to where your power plug are for the caravan it might work.
Though if you plan to have a #2 camera in the back if the car it would have to be in the end of the provided cable, and so you will have to move that around depending on what setup you will be driving.

The mirror itself just seem to be acting like the screen, maybe via the AV out many systems still have.

These mirror style cameras are not popular / much in use, at least not here in the western world.

Thanks that is useful. The rear camera I want to be useful as a dashcam but also act like a rear view mirror so that I can dispense with the mirrors. It is not wired and the intention was to have a waterproof connector adjacent to the hitch and some sort of switch to enable changing to the car when not towing. I will continue looking I think

Back