B 112

AutomanUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve just installed a b112 to power my ageing DR500GW-HD and I’m looking for a hardwiring option.
Is it possible to purchase a separate lead to do this or can you cut the cigar plug off the original cable ?
I still have a power magic pro wired into the car but if I plug the b112 into it the battery refuses to charge even after an hours driving, on the return trip I plugged the b112 into the cars cigar socket and it had a full charge after the trip.

The PMP is your hardwiring option... The B-112 is for people who don't want to hardwire but still want parking mode.
The Power Magic Pro won't charge the B-112, you'd have to charge it through your cigarette socket.

I think the PMP may work in terms of the voltage cut-off/timer IF the B-112 dies in the middle of the night or something - but I've never tried it personally so I'm not 100% sure on that.

I’m just trying to free up the cigar socket and i hate any wiring being visible. I noticed the BlackVue site mentions a hardwiring option for the new b124 battery and wondered if the same exists for the b112.

Ah, yeah the B-124 ships with both a hardwiring power cable and a cigarette lighter power cable.
The B-112 doesn't have that option, officially.

I haven't seen any hardwiring kits that have the cigarette adapter on it, but they could be out there and it may work?

I haven't seen any hardwiring kits that have the cigarette adapter on it,
Why would they?:banghead: The whole idea is to get away from the ciggy lighter palaver.

Perhaps I haven't explained myself clearly.
I'm looking for a cable that I can HARDWIRE to the fuse box at one end and connect to the B112 at the other to power/charge it INSTEAD of using the cable that comes with it and plugs into the ciggy lighter.

Does anyone know if just cutting the ciggy plug off the original cable is an option or is it more than just a connector ?

Last edited:
Back