B1W - Mount play / wobble?

b1wques

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently got a B1W, just wanted to ask this as I don't have another one I can compare with.

I'm using the stock mount with the VHB mounting tape. It seems fairly stable, but if I do touch the camera while it is mounted, it does move/have some play to it (i.e. not completely solid).

Is this typical, or is there an issue with my mount? I do hear a click when I slide it into place.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

It seems fairly stable, but if I do touch the camera while it is mounted, it does move/have some play to it (i.e. not completely solid).
If you worry about it, you can PM me your shipping address, and we send you another one mount!

See if it causes a problem, if the video is shaky/vibrating then maybe replace it, but my guess is that it will be fine.
My mount is not a tight fit but I've never had an issue with it, compared to other mounts it is easy to slide on/off, but it works nicely.

Thank you for the replies.

So far, I haven't noticed any issue with the camera shaking when recording. So hopefully it is fine.

I was just curious if usually it is a supposed to be tighter/more solid fit. I'm referring to the connection on the mount between the top of the camera and the mount (I.e. Not the tape part, the tape seems to be fine/solid). As noted above, if I touch the camera when it is mounted, there seems to be some level of play / wobbling I.e. Not completely solid.

Any other input from other users would be appreciated as well. As I say, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the recordings so far, but just curious if this is typical for B1W to have some play to it as described or if it is typically more solid when placed onto the mount.

Last edited:
I share the same wobbling. When I want to switch ON wifi (I use wifi off to save power drain from battery), the long press pops the cam out of it's mount. To avoid this I need to put another finger on the other side pressing on the USB connector.
Design wise, would be a good idea to have the camera slide to the mount from the button direction ( as opposed to as it is now) or to have some fastening screw.

Design wise, would be a good idea to have the camera slide to the mount from the button direction ( as opposed to as it is now) or to have some fastening screw.
Thanks for your suggestion!

Yes the mount on the B1W are not super grippy, but i have not noticed any "jello" recordings from mine or other users, or noise in the microphone which are also often a result of a sloppy mount.
You can apply a little smear of CA glue here and there on the mount to make the camera fit more tight in the mount, just go easy on the stuff and keep the camera itself away while the glue dry as fumes can mess with lens coating.
If you dont take the camera out of the car all the time you can fix it in the mount permanent, that should be okay to do when it is installed and aimed ( left & right )

Mine is more stable in use that it would seem to be judging by the mount's rigidity which is probably because of the B1W's light weight. I have had to get in the habit of holding the cam to press the button but as I rarely do that it's not a problem to me. I've had to shim the mounts on other cams to stabilize them, but not this one. With all the various firmware configurations available for the B1W, you can set it up how you want so that you hardly ever need to press the button anyway.

Phil

Back