Back to square one...

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Sorry for the long text but I feel I need to explain things beforehand so that no doubts may arise afterwards. I promise to be as succint as possible.

After my initial quest and after the last bike rides, I came to the conclusion I don't need an helmet camera.
When I go for a ride I just put the protective gear on, helmet, gloves and off I go. I don't have time (or patience) to fiddle with installing and adjusting a camera, even if it has a screen. I'm also not very keen on having to keep track of the recording time so the Mobius don't run out of battery or to know when to replace it on the M10. My rides usually take more than 2 hours total anyway, and I just want to enjoy riding and not being constantly worried about anything related with the camera.
Also where I usually go riding there isn't that much traffic anyway, therefore not much bad driving action, and it's also not my intention to make some sort of moto vlogs. Even if they were only to show the beautiful country side of Portugal, the way I sometimes ride would render the footage unusable. :rolleyes:
That said, I decided to invest on a better dashcam only.

My budget now is 120€, the requirements are somewhat different and I have a whole new set of doubts about the Mobius:

1. Night video quality - I read several times that one of the weak points of the Mobius is night quality but then there are some comparison videos, like the ones @niko did, it actually looks better than the other "contestant's".
So, is it true or people just say that when comparing it with higher-end cameras? Is it "worse" than the G1W-H's? And how is it compared with the M10?
2. FOV - I know the Mobius C2 lenses wide angle is 131º. If it's too wide and I configure it to Narrow, which angle will it have?
3. Audio - This is a very important feature to me, all the more so because 2 of the 3 cameras I have had defective mics. How is it on the Mobius? Are there any known cases of Mobius with defective mics?
4. Reliability - Recently I've been reading some posts of people having some problems with their Mobiuses. Are there any known issues or are they just the ones that are common in these devices?
5. Since the camera is mounted upside down on the car mount, does flipping the video 180º also flips the date and time stamp or does it still remain on the bottom left side of the picture?

Then there's this G90 A7LA70 Super HD on sale on Joovuu, well within my budget, and with it another set of doubts:

- Does it still come with the dewarp function?
- I've read there's been some problems with the audio in some units. Are they fixed now?
- The audio properties seem to be way better than any normal camera. Are the audio's 2 channels real stereo?
- Are capacitors compatible with the battery model?
- If I choose the version without GPS, can the camera still be powered by the mount or it comes with a different mount? I don't need GPS.
- What's the maximum card size it accepts?
- Are there any known reliability issues that could eventually lead me to discard the G90?

Feel free to throw any other options in the pot, as long as they are within the budget and preferably from European-based sellers.

Forgive me if I'm boring you with this again but like the title says, I'm back to square one.

Last edited:
wouldn't suggest the G90, it's built to a price, not a standard

the Mobius does quite well for what it costs, if you want something a step above maybe look at the JooVuu-X

I thought the X wasn't out yet. Anyway, it's a bit "out of my league" for now.

I thought the X wasn't out yet. Anyway, it's a bit "out of my league" for now.

First production batch X cams are now getting into action - one hitched a ride in my car yesterday and spent today in my wife's car.

The date/times shows up on the bottom left of the mobius video when you rotate the cam 180 degrees via the software.
The only problems I've had with 3 mobius, one which has been in use for about 2 years, is due to poor memory card selection, and/or not formatting the card at intervals.
One of the newer mobius 'C' versions has somewhat better night video.
The audio is adequate on the mobius.

That's a two year old Mobius A I pulled off the windshield to film the monkeys. You can hear the monkeys making whatever the noise is monkeys make, a diesel pickup idling , and my friend talking.

The next is a Mobius C3 (I think!, maybe a C2) at night.
There is heavy tinting on the top of the windshield.

It's out already, not far off your budget
Just 50% over my budget. I'm thinking of spending up to 120€, so 60€ more is way far off my budget. The Mobius car pack, for example, will cost me only 88€. I'll only spend the 120€ if the camera is really worth. If not, I'd rather spend less.
If I could spend more I'd buy one of yours, for sure.

Thank you for answering my questions! That's all I wanted, really, because once they're answered the decision will be easier.

1. The date/times shows up on the bottom left of the mobius video when you rotate the cam 180 degrees via the software.
2. One of the newer mobius 'C' versions has somewhat better night video.
3. The audio is adequate on the mobius.

1. Ok.
2. Ok, but better than what? Why so many people say that it's a given fact the Mobius night video quality is not good? I don't need the Sony sensor's quality, I just need something as good or better than the G1W-H.
3. From what I heard in your video, the audio is more than adequate!

There's still the FOV question left, which for me is the most important one, but it's looking good so far.

Why so many people say that it's a given fact the Mobius night video quality is not good?
I would not agree that this is a given fact, as my Mobius C2 mounted in the rear looking out factory tint window is as good, and in some cases, better than most videos and pictures that I have seen posted on DCT. All of this is subjective, but I believe the Mobius holds it's own in regards to quality and reliability.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not agree that this is a given fact, as my Mobius C2 mounted in the rear looking out factory tint window is as good, and in some cases, better than most videos and pictures that I have seen posted on DCT. All of this is subjective, but I believe the Mobius holds it's own in regards to quality and reliability.
I've watched @niko's video comparison and many others, and in fact the Mobius seemed to have the best night quality of the bunch.

... so many people say that it's a given fact the Mobius night video quality is not good?

Mobius A low-light video quality is pretty average. The wide-angle versions B, C & C2 are preferable for nighttime clarity, as indicated in this A vs B comparison by @niko ...

Now what's left is the question about the FOV: can anyone tell me if the Narrow mode in a C2 lens is narrower or wider than the normal "120º" camera's FOV?

Last edited:
Now what's left is the question about the FOV: can anyone tell me if the Narrow mode in a C2 lens is narrower or wider than the normal "120º" camera's FOV?
The B lens HFOV is Wide Mode 116° & Narrow Mode 102°. I think that the C2 lens HFOV is Wide Mode 131° but cannot recall the Narrow Mode figure.

Do a search on Horacej. He did a comparison test on C2 narrow and wide setting.

Do a search on Horacej. He did a comparison test on C2 narrow and wide setting.
I can't find anything neither here nor on Google under that name.

I know jokiin said to stay away from the G90 but form factor isn't a problem for me and I really like the dewarp function. Also members like @reverend and @Sunny have bought and used them, so it shouldn't be that bad. Any thoughts on that?

I know jokiin said to stay away from the G90 but form factor isn't a problem for me and I really like the dewarp function. Also members like @reverend and @Sunny have bought and used them, so it shouldn't be that bad. Any thoughts on that?
My A7LA30 G90 worked great for video but audio had bad distortion. Some other mentioned out of focus when hot but I didn't notice that.
G90 7S was better in audio with not too much distortion.

There are better Dome models now like the D201 or GS98C though.

Back