Back to square one...

Another doubt that appeared in the meantime: I've been using the G1W power adapter with all three cameras since the beginning and neither the G1W-H nor the AT11DA had any "complaints" about it, but since the Mobius has a larger capacity battery I wonder if the G1W's 1.5A adapter is enough to power the Mobius and charge its battery at the same time. If not I'd have to order the USB cable as well. I have the power adapters from the other two cameras but none of them has more current output.

Last edited:
Mobius requires 1 A minimum. Your G1W's 1.5 A power adapter will be OK. Mine's hard wired with 3 A Adapter. Costs less than USD 6 delivered with angled mini USB. with online fuse from ebay China.

Thanks for the info on the Mobius power requirements.
I can't have any permanent installation in this car, therefore I can't have it hardwired, but I already have an angled mini USB extension I bought for the AT11DA from @niko and it has the right angle to point the cable exactly in the direction I want.

Last edited:
Well, people, I went out on a limb and ordered a customized Mobius Car Pack from Joovuu. Just hope the few advantages the Mobius has over the M10 will be worth paying more for less.

Last edited:
Even though the Mobius hasn't arrived yet I've already downloaded the MSetup and gave it a quick look. I also ordered the super capacitor but the MSetup doesn't seem to have any battery or capacitor option. Should I assume the camera's firmware automatically detects it or is there some setting that indicates which power source is in the camera?

Last edited:
Should I assume the camera's firmware automatic detects it or is there some setting that indicates which power source is in the camera?

The firmware doesn't detect the presence of the capacitor. You just need to select 'Immediate' as the 'Power-Off Disconnect' choice.

image.jpg

The firmware doesn't detect the presence of the capacitor. You just need to select 'Immediate' as the 'Power-Off Disconnect' choice.
Just as I thought. So if I use the battery I should select the usual 10 Secs., right?
Is it advisable to set the Power On Delay to Delay or is it ok to select Fast? What's the time difference between the two?

Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions but I want to get as many doubts as I can out of the way so I won't lose too much time setting it once it arrives. :)

Thanks!

So if I use the battery I should select the usual 10 Secs., right?
With the battery, you may choose whichever option you prefer. The capacitor only has sufficient charge to last a few seconds, hence the need for immediate shut down when external power is cut.

Is it advisable to set the Power On Delay to Delay or is it ok to select Fast? What's the time difference between the two?
The Delay setting prevents Mobius accidentally turning on while, say, in your pocket. The power button has to be pressed for 4 seconds before it switches on.

The Delay setting prevents Mobius accidentally turning on while, say, in your pocket. The power button has to be pressed for 4 seconds before it switches on.
Oh, ok! See, I thought it had something to do with the time the camera takes to start recording after power is applied! :confused:

Oh, ok! See, I thought it had something to do with the time the camera takes to start recording after power is applied! :confused:
I have found it delays starting to record a couple of seconds on that setting, and that gives my car a chance to start before recording. Sometimes before it would start then stop, and I would have to start the car again. Since then no problems at all.

I have found it delays starting to record a couple of seconds on that setting, and that gives my car a chance to start before recording. Sometimes before it would start then stop, and I would have to start the car again. Since then no problems at all.
Ok. Now I'm :confused: again! :D

Ok. Now I'm :confused: again! :D
Sorry if I have confused you. By checking the delay, after power is applied it takes about two seconds for the camera to power up. Since I have changed to that the Mobius never fails to start and will continue to record with no interruptions. I cannot explain this technically, but this is my understanding and it works for me.

By checking the delay, after power is applied it takes about two seconds for the camera to power up.

I've just checked the Manual. In one section it says ... 'If Power On Delay is set to ON, press the power button for about 4 seconds until the yellow LED turns on. Power On Delay is useful to prevent the camera from being inadvertently turned on'. I think this is particularly relevant to use of Mobius as an ActionCam powered by it's internal battery.

In another section the Manual says ... 'Power-on Delay. This parameter gives the user the choice of having a 2-3 sec. delayed power-up, or an instantaneous power-up with no delay. Note that the system requires about 2 seconds after power-on until the buttons become active'. This looks more relevant to use as a DashCam under external power, & matches your experience.

If the firmware can provide a 2 second delay, could it not also (or instead) provide, say, a 10 second delay to help owners of cars that interrupt external power to the camera when the starter motor is turned-over? This question has been asked before, but were we previously aware of the available 2 second delay? Perhaps @Isoprop would please comment?

Last edited:
If the firmware can provide a 2 second delay, could it not also (or instead) provide, say, a 10 second delay to help owners of cars that interrupt external power to the camera when the starter motor is turned-over?

it's firmware addressable, we do the same in the SG9665GC, default boot delay is 5 seconds and we have selectable 15 and 30 second options as well

I've just checked the Manual. In one section it says ... 'If Power On Delay is set to ON, press the power button for about 4 seconds until the yellow LED turns on. Power On Delay is useful to prevent the camera from being inadvertently turned on'. I think this is particularly relevant to use of Mobius as an ActionCam powered by it's internal battery.

In another section the Manual says ... 'Power-on Delay. This parameter gives the user the choice of having a 2-3 sec. delayed power-up, or an instantaneous power-up with no delay. Note that the system requires about 2 seconds after power-on until the buttons become active'. This looks more relevant to use as a DashCam under external power, & matches your experience.
So, it's a two-way function: a power on delay when we press the power button and a recording start delay when we apply power via the USB port.

Not a two way function. Same function. Camera will start on delay when it gets power. On manual, press and hold till camera start. On external, through usb, camera sees power and start on delay. Extremely useful especially on diesel, petrol cars too in winter when starting sends most power to starting. So if camera is set to immediate start, it'll start to boot up and then lose power because starting takes most power away from it.

Not a two way function. Same function. Camera will start on delay when it gets power. On manual, press and hold till camera start. On external, through usb, camera sees power and start on delay.
I know that when it receives power via the USB port it starts recording but does it do the same when the power button is pressed or it just powers up but doesn't start recording?

When power button is press and hold, it'll start recording on mode you've set as default. I set mine to mode 1 as default, loop, no audio, reverse 180 degrees as I mount camera upside down in car. Also set setting s to your location and preference.
Once you have camera on hand and start using it, it'll all becomes very clear and simple.

The one thing that I still find not to be very functional is having to use an external viewing device to aim the camera correctly, especially because it has to be done with a laptop and because I can't have a set-and-forget installation. Just hope I don't have to switch cars very often...

That's very easy. Where you aim it is where it'll record.
While waiting for my unit to arrive from China I was as comprehensive as you so I bought a portable screen. Found that @Dashmellow also have the same thing. You can search threads in Mobius thread. Personally I have not use it yet. Didn't have to.

Back