Bad merging driver

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

I have a giant "A" pillar in the way and never saw his rear turn signal lights. He tried to cut over as I was accelerating forward. I only saw his wheels cross over to my lane.

He did seem a little angry at me later on, probably thought I was being a jerk and not let him over. All of the other cars were giving me the dirty look as well. Heck, they're all idiots :D He did pick a great spot to try to merge over, it was a fail all the way around. My front blind spot, sun in my eyes, directly after a turn and not making sure I see his intentions.

Photo is not my car but similar.
250sh1i.jpg

I never understand these people in dual turn lanes. There are two lanes, if you need the right one after the turn pick the right lane to make the turn, its much easier. Also you did nothing wrong, I hate the assumption by some that their signal grants them the right to merge or turn, nope, its just a signal of intent and does not force others to give right of way. Not saying that blocking merges is right, but in cases like this where it is not an intentional block I am amazed how people react as if you denied them something they had a right to on purpose.

Title should be, Bad Lane changer.
Sun in his eyes too btw, still a bad lane changing of course.

Back