Bad micro chip

Blueboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
JooVuu X
The first camera I had worked good out of the box. Over time it started giving me problems and increasingly got worse. Eventually it stopped recording all together.
Threw out the course I sent a number videos to Dan per his request. We both decided it was best to return the camera and he would send me a replacement. After I got the new one I tried it out and had the same problem, would not record.

The chip I got with the 1st camera was a 32GB Transcend. I had different one, a Patriot, from a different camera and tried it but it would not work either.

I bought a Samsung chip (as suggested by JooVuu web site) and soon as I put it in the camera it started recording straightaway!

Thanks to Dan's awesome service I am once again recording idiot drivers that never learned how to drive.

Just wish I would have tried the Samsung chip in the first place...

I can confirm that a Samsung Evo (48MB/s) 64GB has been working fine in my X for a few thousand miles now (5-10 overwrite cycles).
Prior to deciding I wanted a longer record time, a 32GB Transcend Premium (45MB/s) had done many thousands of miles (20-30 overwrite cycles).

I have been able to replicate cam misbehaviour by (deliberately) using cheap cards and/or cards which are borderline specification.

Also beware fake cards which are widely sold on the internet.

I use a PNY 128GB class 10 card in my X with no issues, and it gets quite a bit of use on my person.

2000rpm The Samsung chip I got is only 16GB (it's all Walmart had) I definitely want a bigger one. 64GB sounds good.

CheckYourLights What do you use to power your X cam?
How long does it take to download 128 GB of videos?

Off the camera its pretty slow, like 20 MB every second or so, if you take the card out and put it in a card reader you will get faster speeds.
My PNY SDXC class 10 U3 is like 90 MB every second in the card reader.

This offcourse only if you have a fast card and your card reader is up to date, i am using this Kingston USB 3.0 card reader.
https://www.kingston.com/us/flash/readers/FCR-HS4

My old card reader was slow thought it was USB 2.0, kinda wierd to me, maybe i had a USB 1.0 cable on it though i thourght this was the same as USB 2.0
Anyways the new is lightning fast, i even seen a spike of + 200 MB/s a fjew days ago, but that quickly leveled out to the normal 90 MB/s

CheckYourLights What do you use to power your X cam?
How long does it take to download 128 GB of videos?
Either an Anker E5 or Jackery Giant+
It depends on what I am wearing because the Anker is long and sometimes it wont fit in the pocket of what I am wearing, and how much juice I need. I use a Walmart On brand PS3 Mini B cable to power it. It is long, cheap, and works great.
Swl26ct.jpg

PS3 is Mini and works with the JooVuu X, A118, G1W and so on
PS4 is Micro and works with the Minis
I use both for different cameras never had an issue.

Saving file wise I have a USB 3.0 port on my computer. I use a 3.0 card reader and it only takes a few mins to grab files off the card. I use the PNY class 10 turbo 128GB card.

Back