Battery life of a NBDVR212

Qinspector1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post here, many issues. Firstly i have had the dashcam since Nov 2017 and not many problems up until recently. Firstly it doesn't keep power well to almost nothing and after formatting the sd card using the formatting in the cam i receive 'format sd card' when pressing record. It appears the dashcam doesn't retain power, i've reset it a couple of times to no avail.

Possible battery fault if you have re set it numerous times to no avail... I think these days certain dash cams will only last around 2-3 years before calling it a day

Possible battery fault if you have re set it numerous times to no avail... I think these days certain dash cams will only last around 2-3 years before calling it a day
Really? i would have thought in this day and age technology (particularly with nextbase) would have given at least 5 years. Thanks anyway Tony, all the best.

I owed a nextbase 402 and that latest around year and half then failed battery, then had the 412gw (probably the best one for battery) never had many issues with this unit. Then swapped it for the latest 422gw (battery life really poor!) but I still use it daily. I still have my 412gw so I'm tempted to re use it again

Thanks, i will still but would the reason i am seeing an error message of 'format sd card' have anything to do with battery? I have a san disk 32gb but saw in a thread san disk aren't for dashcams after all!

Presumably you have not tried a different SD card? It might be that your current one has 'worn out'.

Back