Battery not charging

NI_DashCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 mini 2, A119s
I have noticed that the battery in my A118 doesn't seem to be charging when recording.
Whenever I turn the car off the display says "Low Battery" and turns off.
This is after about an hours drive so I would have thought that the battery would have had plenty of time to charge.

I have taken the camera into the house to try and charge it off of a USB mains charger and see what happens.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Yep, I have the same problem, since last few days..

But in my case, I think it started when I added a second dashcam, such that my single hardwire kit is powering 2 dashcams, so probably the batteries are not getting enough power to charge.

Well, I brought the camera into the house and charged it up via the mains. Seems to be working okay, ran on battery power for a good ten minutes.
Looks like there is an issue with my car charger. Maybe its not supplying enough current to run and charge the camera at the same time, which is odd as its rated at 3 amps.
To be investigated...

the one that came with my camera is rated at 1A. the hardwire kit i used is rated at 1.2A.

that said, i've used some generic car chargers supposedly rated at 2.1A that couldn't keep my phone charged while using GPS + streaming internet radio. meanwhile, a brand name (blackberry) charger rated at 750mA kept the phone charged while doing the same stuff.

Yeah, I don't think its giving me the correct output current. It would be interesting to load test it and see what the max output current really is.

Anyone recommend a good 12v to 5v DCDC converter that can output a reliable current rating?

Back