Battery problem

Lisa H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a Nextbase 512GW front and rear camera hard wired in my 68 plate Nissan Juke at the beginning of January. All fine up until the last week, the camera turns on when I start the engine and off when I stop the engine. I don't leave it on parking mode. Halfords fitted it.

This past week, the display on the centre console which shows the sat nav and music I have on keeps turning on and off, it restarts showing the Nissan sign and, when I have music on, the display stays on but the sound of the music disappears, I have to turn the stereo on and off for the sound to come back on. Coincidentally, or not, the battery display on my dashcam is now constantly shows a red wavy line when my engine is on (it used to show a full battery all the time), it shows a full battery when I turn the engine off just before the dashcam turns off, and, only twice, the dashcam hasn't turned off when I've turned my engine off.

I'm completely lost. Is this a dashcam fault to do with the wiring or cam and this is causing my stereo / dashcam to go wrong, losing sound and restarting OR is the stereo / dashcam going on and off causing my dashcam to go wrong???? I have a feeling it's the dashcam causing the problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

Last edited:
Unplug the front and rear camera, and try the car without them first, and see how that goes.
charge up the camera in the house with a usb charger, test it in the house, see how it works, and then you can always replug it in to the car, to see how the car acts once it's been put back together.
It's just detective work really.
Who knows, it might be the car, that's at fault.

Thank you. I will give it a whirl and see what happens

Back