Becomes unresponsive after 5 or 10 minutes

Stormprobe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I noticed my dashcam stopped working correctly. All of the lights turn off after around 5 or 10 minutes, except for the wifi light, and it becomes unresponsive. Pressing or holding the button does nothing. I can log into the firmware but it won't save any changes or reboot. I have to unplug the power and then it says it's shutting down. When it comes back up it works normally and I can change and save settings until it goes to sleep again after 5 or 10 minutes.

I'm using a 128GB from Blackvue.
I haven't tried a different card. I did have the dashcam reformat this card though.
I'll try it with a different card as soon as I get one.

I called BlackVue support and they said to reload the firmware using the SD card on a computer. I did and also did a full format of the drive, but it didn't fix the problem, so BlackVue recommended to RMA.

I wasn't looking forward to RMA'ing the cam. I was pretty confident it went bad, but I took your advice and I finally found my SD card and changing it, as you recommended, fixed the problem! Awesome!

Thanks for the help! All I need to do is RMA the SD card which is no big deal. :)

Back