Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Stopped Recording and GPS jam

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
It has happened a few times now that my A139 Pro has started double beeping and stopped recording, and my Teltonika vehicle tracker reports GPS Jamming.

I need to investigate more.

My guess is that vehicles nearby using an illegal GPS jammer can mess up the dashcam and cause it to stop recording.

I've read that taxi and HGV drivers in London use GPS Jamming to evade rules on maximum driving hours or to stop employers from tracking them.

Every time it has happened, a HGV has been near me.

GPS is a very weak signal so I would expect it could be a decent range like 1000 feet

Is there a debug mode on the A139 Pro that writes a log file when it crashes?

The Russians are jamming GPS guided weapons in Ukraine. I'm guessing countermeasures are being explored.

Maybe when that finally happens you can defend your dash cam! :)

Haha

Hopefully with a debug log I will discover a bug that crashes the camera and VIOFO can make a fix

I downloaded the video where it crashed, and it's shorter than my 5 minute segment setting, and frozen on the first frame. Idk

What about running the camera indoors for a period of time away from traffic so as to confirm if the problem only occurs near other vehicles in traffic? Maybe something other than GPS jamming is going on?

Back