Best Camera for $150-270 with GPS?

Toasticuss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have looked at all kinds of different cameras but it seems like I am missing the best one. What's the best one for night filming and has a GPS? I'm sure that's a million dollar question though.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

really good night mode is a limited market right now but there have been some new sensors released so you'll see a lot more in the market over the next few months that offer far better performance under all sorts of lighting conditions

Toasticuss said:
Hey guys,

I have looked at all kinds of different cameras but it seems like I am missing the best one. What's the best one for night filming and has a GPS? I'm sure that's a million dollar question though.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is a tip. You get what you pay for in life.
$150 or less is take your chances.

The higher price it goes is often higher for a reason. Mainly due to better parts.

Ambarella make the best chips for cams. The old A2 now dated was out a fair while ago now. Its night performance is mainly rubbish.
The Ambarella A5 is quite brilliant for night. Some have good LED lights to do a better night recording while others have feeble LED lights
which make no difference and some light up the inside of the car to much.

I bought one with super night mode and have to say I'm thrilled to bits with how great it is at night. My Sony hd video camera can't do as good as night
as this one I bought which uses the Ambarella A5.

Mine cost $200 and available in Australia. Dunno if they are available anywhere else.
Its called the stancom pro carcam. Google it to see who's selling them.

If elsewhere in the globe try chasing down the specs. It really is a strong camera. I've dropped it a few times onto the concrete and its not fallen apart.
It uses micro sd cards or can be connected to the computer. I favour taking it off the windscreen. Micro sd cards are to small and can pop out and fall
on the floor or in between the seats.

The led light on this cam doesn't light up the inside of the car like my previous one did which made it quite bad when driving.
Where this cam I do not notice the led which is bigger than ones I've had on other cams.

It has a button to turn off the lcd screen on the back which is quite large at 2.7 inches.

I set my recording at 1080p at 25 fps which is pal. I set it so that if then car I sparked and another car hits it then it will start to record for
a couple of mins which will be enough time to get a plate number. When I park the car where I go in front on then I set the camera to turn
around to view the back which is where a car is likely to hit me from.

The recordings on a 55" are as crisp as can be. The vibrant colours are better than my sony hd video camera. Most cams seem to be a bit null
and grey when recording where the grass colours are all wrong and faded if you know what I mean where this stancom cam the colours are true to life.
I put that does to the chip they've used.

Back