Best Mobius Firmware and Settings for Recording LCD Screens at Night?

Chromatic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I run a dashcam and a second mobius cam that records TFT-LCD screens (Tablet/phone screens) ...

I can't seem to get it very "clear" .. I know the font is small on some parts I am trying to get clear (The signal frequency on the YaV1 Nexus 7 screen for example) but,.. perhaps there are some ideal settings (and maybe a different firmware (older?) that would give me the best shot at getting the best, most legible recording from a LCD screen in the dark in my car.

In the daytime when one of the screens switches to an alert mode which has a white background.. it over exposes and can't be read either.. hrmm..

Some examples would probably help:

This first video .. notice the bottom right video (Picture/video in picture) .. This one is actually not that bad.. but the camera isn't in that same location anymore:

This second video is a better representation of not being clear -- In this one look at the lower left corner for the screen being recorded):

And.. this is a good example of the nighttime.. phone whitebackground alert overexposing:

Anyhow -- The main question is the best setting(s) and firmware to get the best possible picture of the LCD screens (to be able to read them) at night time in particular. I understand if it's just impossible.

Thanks!

Back