Best place for mobile phone reception, given some restrictions?

Cirrus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini 2
What is the best place in a car for optimum cell phone signal reception, given below restrictions?

No suction mount on the windshield
No air vent mount
No dashboard mount

I use the phone hands-free only, and don't use it for navigation. There is no need to have it in view.

Down the far left-side of the dash is a small open compartment which fits the phone, there is a glove-box, a center console, and a center armrest with sufficient storage space.
Where would you expect the best signal reception?

Thanks for your ideas.

My phone dock are mounted off fixed glass on driver side door, this mean it sit very close to A pillar.
It is a hybrid made of a suction cup part from a galaxy 2 phone, and then the dock itself which is a universal one.

But i dont think we have reception issues here, if so it would be super small locations, before i would some times get kicked down to 3G for a few minutes on a drive, but it is all 4G now and the 5G my phone do not support.

Denmark have 3 or 4 Nationwide providers, which all have full coverage, and they also share roaming, so i am with the #2 one that have roaming agreement with the #1 one.

It have been 3-4 years since i last got a call while driving, my phone ring that rare, and i do not like hands free, so if that happen i will have to find a good place to pull over and then return the call.

Down the far left-side of the dash is a small open compartment which fits the phone, there is a glove-box, a center console, and a center armrest with sufficient storage space.
Where would you expect the best signal reception?
Centre arm rest.

Mobile phone signals do not go through metal, so ideally it should be in the upper part of the cabin, but mobile phone signals are also very good at bouncing around, so it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. Away from metal surfaces should be a little better.

I keep mine in my pocket or the center console storage and have never had any issues with reception, this in multiple vehicles. Based on that I'd say put it anywhere that's convenient - or you could just actually try it it multiple locations and see what works for your specific phone and vehicle.

Many new cars seem to have a wireless charging pad, build into some shelf on the center console, so i dont think it mean a lot where you have it.
As default BT and GPS + wifi are off on my phone, these are things i do not use very often, like i have never tried to connect to a wifi anywhere,,,, why would i, i use 3 Gb/mo out of the 70-80 GB or so my plan are.

Back