Best settings for A139

dammit

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can anyone let me know the best settings they've found for the A139?

I have:

1 min loop (thinking I should make this 3-5 mins?
Wdr on (I prefer crisp numberplate recognition to worrying about scenic recordings but even with it on, at times it seems not great).
ev front cam +1 (In the past I drove in the city alot between skyscrapers/shadows so I set this, but now more out in the open, and it seems a bit bright so should put it back to 0? (front cam)
1440 30fps front and 1080 rear and interior
Bitrate = high
Cpl filter is installed, protective film taken off the camera and the outer of the CPL filter. I read somewhere someone said the inside of the CPL filter has a protective film but I can't see it.
IR internal cam auto.
G sensor low.

Parking mode I'm just about to hardwire so will have it for 12.2v (I live in warm Australia, currently summer but soon winter however its quite mild), G high sensitivity.
Frequency 50hz ntsc.

Does this seem good to start?

I don't yet quite understand timelapse parking, vs normal, and so on..but will geofence my home as I have CCTV or its in garage so it doesn't do parking mode there if I can figure out how that works.

It’s running v1.5_0701, should I upgrade straight to the latest firmware?

Night driving even at 20km/hr can't make out numberplates due to glare of incoming vehicles or stationary ones.

Here are some screen grabs (NB I need to mirror the rear cam by the look of it as everything is backward), would love some guidance and feedback please! Appreciate it :)

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 45
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 38
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 43
  • night2.jpg
    night2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 45
  • night.jpg
    night.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 44
can anyone help with the best settings pls?

Have you tested WDR off and on and compared?

I wish there was a customizable digital shutter speed setting.

I set my front cam to EV - 0.3. I find it's still bright enough, and uses a shorter exposure time so less blur. I note your car is white whereas mine is dark grey, so that might affect your choice since the bodywork will be included in the auto exposure calculation.

Your will still get motion blur and unreadable license plates at night. HDR (not yet an option on the A139) might help you there.

Personally I use 1min files and max bitrate. 3 min is fine and a lot of people use that.

I prefer WDR off, but it's your choice for what you like best. I don't think it affects exposure duration.

Those settings are close to mine. You do need to test WDR on and off day and night to decide which you prefer. Same for exposure settings. G-sensor settings are another thing to play with but low will catch any hard crash. The parking mode G-sensor is seperate with this cam, so you might wqant to set thart on high sensitivity. 12.2V cutoff is as low as I recommend going, and with an old battery may be too low. I had mine set there till my abused battery started dying; I use parking mode timer as my primary control now. I also use maximum bitrate as that's going to get you the best possible vid quality.

Phil

What is the WDR setting everyone is talking about? I only have HDR in the app which can be turned ON/OFF. No WDR.
FW: 1.6_2022_0106
App version (Android): 3.2.5

WDR was in the previous firmwares, 1.6 onwards has HDR instead.
WDR = Wide Dynamic Range
HDR = High Dynamic Range
Neither works very well at the moment, so you can leave them off and ignore them if you want! Or ask for more info...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T A139 0
mentadent A139 2
M A139 44
M A139 31
Back