Bird strike

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I buy a Dashcam for liability reasons, and the first thing it captures - me hitting a poor bird - right next to a cop. What a morning...
PS - The rear cam caught all the feathers go flying.

Don't click if you don't want to see the bird get hit.

I have only hit a bird a few times, most massive was in the mid 90ties where at 5 in the morning doing 180 km/h on the motorway i hit a owl ( i assume ) had to pull over cuz i was sure my windshield was cracked.
But it wasent, but my fender mounted FM antenna had like a cartoon shape in it, so the original telescopic antenna had to be replaced.
And then i have hit a couple of smaller birds, and had a lot of close call with all kind and size of birds.

180 kmh? Does Denmark have a motorway like the Autobahn with no speed limit? Must be fun :)
Yeah I would not relish that thought - having to replace my windshield - $$$

No back then i was one of those people ( A holes ) so driving 180 ( or even faster ) on a 110 km/h motorway did not bother me the slightest, not in the morning when i had it to myself or mid day with lots of other drivers.
Funny thing i have never gotten a speeding ticket, but i have 2 for not wearing a seat-belt, and 7 parking tickets from the exact same place, where i still parked just learned not to do so between 4 and 4:30 in the afternoon.

Wow that's one prompt and predicatable meter maid!

hehe yeah in the old days you could set your clock by them, which are really strange cuz with municipal or government workers due attention and orderly behavior have not been the norm in any way.
Meter maids are now privatized, and public parking spots have been sold off and turned into money makers, so now you are never safe, or able to find a free spot to park.
Meter maids are some of the most hated people in Denmark,,,, even if its really just people doing their job, but thats how dumb we have become :rolleyes: most here dont know that we ourself are our own largest problem.

Back