Black tape that doesn't leave residue?

wayneinteressierts

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did some searching on the forum but couldn't find any mention of a black tape to cover the logo that doesn't leave an adhesive residue after removing it like most electrical tapes do. Especially if it's been baking in the sun for bit.

Also, I'd prefer something with a matte finish to match the 100HD.

What have you used?

Thanks!

wayneinteressierts said:
I did some searching on the forum but couldn't find any mention of a black tape to cover the logo that doesn't leave an adhesive residue after removing it like most electrical tapes do. Especially if it's been baking in the sun for bit.

Also, I'd prefer something with a matte finish to match the 100HD.

What have you used?

Thanks!
I used electrical tape. You need super-human vision in order to notice that it does not exactly match the finish of the camera.
Worried about residue? Invest in a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol.
Or, just use a Sharpie pen.

For fast glue residue use GooGone or anything from that "section" !!

I used regular electrical tape for mine, but if you are looking for something 'removable without leaving gookus behind' I would recommend gaffer's tape - it is a cloth tape similar to duct tape, but instead uses an adhesive that comes off easily (as opposed to the glue used on duct tape). I use gaffer tape to hold down audio/video cables on everything from carpet to concrete and it works great, although it is a bit pricey for just covering up the ITB

http://www.proaudio.com/product_info.ph ... ts_id=7448

I concur that the best would be to mask off the area and plastidip; should come off if needed without incident.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
You can cut small strip of electric tape and have it pasted on blu tack. Blu tack sticks and covers the brand and does not leave any residue during removal.

I used Plasti-Dip on mine and it gives out the exact same feel as the rest on the cam and can easily be removed if need be. Plasti-Dip is awesome.

If its not a lot of touch up I just use a sharpie. In the past I have taken the cam apart and sprayed the entire housing with flat black spray paint. I just tape off the parts I don't want to get painted.

Can anyone share photos of your sprayed or Plasti-Dip covered ITB?

I did not Plasti-Dipped the whole thing, only the lil embossed sticker.

IMG_20130202_163945_zps9797b101.jpg

Answer said:
I did not Plasti-Dipped the whole thing, only the lil embossed sticker.

IMG_20130202_163945_zps9797b101.jpg

Great job! I was thinking of doing similar; masking that portion.

Actually, you can leave some space around the "sticker" and have the Plasti-Dip overlap on the camera body. Once dry, simply get a blade and lightly cut around it, and the Plasti-Dip that is not on the sticker will peel off.

Answer said:
Actually, you can leave some space around the "sticker" and have the Plasti-Dip overlap on the camera body. Once dry, simply get a blade and lightly cut around it, and the Plasti-Dip that is not on the sticker will peel off.

Good tip! Thanks for sharing!

:shock: Hei, people, don't complicate your life and save your money! 8-)

1. Electrical tape will not leave any residue.
2. That Itronics logo can be taken out even without disassembling the camera, gentle using your nails and fingers. Or you can do it from inside.
I will show you this pictures to see:
- my previous electrical tape didn't leave any marks
- how the logo is fixed
- now I have 2 more holes for cooling the camera (and maybe some dust inside :mrgreen: ).

I started with a test electrical ugly tape from some old wire ...

enjoy,
Mtz

Back