Blacksys CH-100B Runtime while hardwired

How long does your dashcam last in parking mode through hardwiring?

• 5-10 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-15 hours

• 15+ hours

• Total voters

John O.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone! I just placed an order for a 2 Channel Dashcam (Blacksys CH-100B) and will be hardwiring it to my fuse box to run off my battery during parking mode. I will be connecting this to an 03 G35 Coupe so it isn't a brand new car. Battery wise, I don't know when exactly the last owner replaced the battery but it hasn't given me any issues yet. I do understand from research on this forum that runtime/recording time will vary depending on the age of the battery but I wanted to get a feel for how long other users are able to run their dashcams while in parking mode through their car battery. How long it records isn't the problem but more so how long my car can run the dashcam in parking mode.

I did talk with blackboxmycar and they told me no more than a few hours (4-6 hours) but I have also read that people are able to get 16-24 hours. I want to run my dashcam for at least 10-14 hours and blackboxmycar recommended a cell link b battery pack but for $200 it's pretty steep. I don't want to spend this much money if hardwiring the device will get me 10-14 hours that I need it for. I would appreciate any help or information you guys can provide me, thanks!

might go that long, for a few months, will get shorter as your battery starts to fail

Ahh okay. I'm just hoping that when I need too, I would like it to run for about 10+ hours at night. This won't be an everyday thing though.

occasional use is ok, doing it every day will take a toll on battery life
Good to know! Do you have a dashcam that is hardwired? If so, how long are you able to run it through the cars battery in parking mode (assuming you have the option to record only when it senses motion/impact)

Good to know! Do you have a dashcam that is hardwired? If so, how long are you able to run it through the cars battery in parking mode (assuming you have the option to record only when it senses motion/impact)

my cameras are all hardwired, I don't use parking mode though, not something I see a need for at all

If I were you, I would not get the CH100 and instead get the CH200. The 200 has the Time Lapse parking mode which will run a little longer in parking mode than using the motion detection if there is constant motion during the parking event. The 100 will be fine if there is very little motion during the parking mode. I originally had the 100 and while in my driveway with very little motion events, the parking mode would run all night and part of the next day. But when parked at work where there was constant motion, the unit would shut down due to the battery cutoff triggering.

I now have the 200 and use the time lapse mode which will run all day while at work. Uses less memory, too. I use a cutoff voltage of 12.2 in the summer and 12.4 in the winter. Of course, your battery condition and your particular dark current usage will effect the time available for parking mode.

Back