Blackvue 590W

Lmspec

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,
I'm considering purchasing this dashcam as I don't need all the bells and whistles like cloud service or 4k. Any thoughts on this one? It 's going to be mounted to a 2017 Toyota Camry and I will get the power magic pro as well for the parking mode.

Admin: Tried to find a Blackvue 590 catergory but can't find one. Can we create one or move the thread ?

my video 590

I have a regular 590, no wifi, 1 channel. It works great, and is such a great value if you don't need or want all those extra features. I like it to so much I'm considering buying another one.

The wifi will come in handy when first aiming the camera, especially if you swap the camera between vehicles.

I've had my 590 2ch fitted for a few months now and had a close call the other day so thought I would review the footage. It's extremely poor and basically I couldn't make out the number plate of the oncoming car. I have updated the firmware and reviewed the latest footage and it's not really any better. Would upgrading it to a 750s or 900s make sense simply to get useable video quality?

I've had my 590 2ch fitted for a few months now and had a close call the other day so thought I would review the footage. It's extremely poor and basically I couldn't make out the number plate of the oncoming car. I have updated the firmware and reviewed the latest footage and it's not really any better. Would upgrading it to a 750s or 900s make sense simply to get useable video quality?

I agree, I have the same problem

I have a 750s and the video quality is good but for sure if you want to see plates without zooming in you need the 950s which is the. 4K resolution model

950S is like $400 + ....rip off when an A119 can read plates without having to spend so much money.

The video quality on mine is not as sharp as my Viofo A129 was. Upgrading to the latest firmware helped at bit (slightly less noise).
However I had issues with the viofo and having something I could rely on was more important.

What I will say though is that it's impossible to compare video quality unless you have 2 cams on the same day recording the same footage.
Weather conditions play a big part, I have A129 footage that looks very similar to the Blackvue.
Motion blur is another factor (speed of other cars relative to you)

Best bet is try and look at many reviews in different conditions (with raw footage if possible) and when you finally decide on something test it throughly so you can send it back if you are not happy.

For me the 900s is not even a consideration, as the price is too high.

Back