Blackvue Cable

WJU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a Blackvue DR650GW – 2CH. Straight out of the box the rear camera did not work. I contacted the retailer who asked me to return the full kit for inspection and diagnosis. Once it had been examined it was determined that the cable was either fractured and / or that one of the centre pins of the plugs was out of alignment. I note that there has been some correspondence on the internet about these cables and wonder why, after all this time, the cable has not been strengthened and more robust connectors used. I don’t have off street parking and so I remove expensive items from the car which entails, of course, disconnecting the rear camera. These cables and connectors ought to be strong enough to cope with multiple connections and disconnections. Why aren’t they I wonder?

I can only think its a cost saving thing or maybe two other things, 1, the cables are outsourced to the best price they can get, or two they are a generic item chosen on price

built fast without quality at the cheapest price possible so people will buy their **** cams. I will never buy another blackvue, too many issues.

I will never buy another blackvue, too many issues.

+1, mine often asking me to check the SD card every now and then, I format the card but now know that there is a good 50 -50 chance its not working at any given time, as when I go to check the captured clips there could be as much as 2 or 3 sections of 5, 10 or more minutes of missing footage on the card, things I like about the Blackvue is the design of it, the things I don't like about the Blackvue is not sure its working or not, the one thing its needed for

Back