BlackVue DR 590W installation issues

scottgf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
Newbie here. I just installed my new BlackVue DR 590w 2ch and the rear camera doesn’t seem to be working. The cable is plugged in and the LED lights up when I start the car but I can’t get it to work. When I am on the WiFi ap and try to look at the rear camera, it says something like “check camera connections “ .
Help!
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
Do you mean that the LED on the rear camera comes on? That seems odd.
If the cable is bent tightly it might loose connection so try and straighten out the cable if you can.
Also, obviously make sure the cable is plugged all the way in.
Other than that, the cable / rear camera might be defective and need returning (if you have warranty remaining)

Do you mean that the LED on the rear camera comes on? That seems odd.
If the cable is bent tightly it might loose connection so try and straighten out the cable if you can.
Also, obviously make sure the cable is plugged all the way in.
Other than that, the cable / rear camera might be defective and need returning (if you have warranty remaining)
Hi Joe,
Yes, the LED on the rear camera lights up when the system is powered up. The cable is plugged in properly. I may have a defective rear camera. Any other ideas?

Sorry I can't think of anything more and I'm probably guessing you've tried all obvious things like resetting the settings etc.

I have a 590W-2CH but my rear camera seems fine. I think you need to contact either blackvue or the seller and take it from there.

Doesn't sound like it but ensure you've connected the rear camera to the rear camera port rather than GPS - we've had countless customers insert the cable into the GPS port.

Otherwise, try a firmware reflash from here: https://www.blackvue.com/downloads Follow the steps at the top and scroll down to find the firmware for your dash cam.

Back