BlackVue DR650GW 2-ch & Range Rover Evoque & DAB

majeric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks!

I was wondering if someone can help.
I've recently had my dashcams installed, but noticed that i no longer have DAB reception.
If i unplug the cable to the rear camera, i get reception, minute i plug it back in, wipes out the reception.
The coax cable has been routed along the headlining. I bought some ferrite rings and that hasn't made a difference.
Not sure what to check/do next.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello folks!

I was wondering if someone can help.
I've recently had my dashcams installed, but noticed that i no longer have DAB reception.
If i unplug the cable to the rear camera, i get reception, minute i plug it back in, wipes out the reception.
The coax cable has been routed along the headlining. I bought some ferrite rings and that hasn't made a difference.
Not sure what to check/do next.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi there,

It is recommended to run the coax cable on the opposite side or a far as possible from the DAB aerial. Also the rear camera may be close to the DAB antennae which explains why it is interfering when only the rear camera is on.

Hi,
Our supplier asked what vehicle we were installing in, after he knew it was an Evoque offered to wrap the rear camera lead in foil. The lead was also run at low level. DAB works fine with it installed this way.
HTH

Boyd

i've got a second lead.
I'm going to hook that up with the cable running along the floor to see if that makes a difference.
If so, i'll have the headliner one removed and have the low level lead properly installed.
good point about foil - will take a look at that.

Hello,

so, i bought a separate aux cable, plugged it into the front cam and trailed it down the a pillar, across the floor to the rear, and then up to the camera.
made no difference what so ever :-(

I did however remove the camera from its housing and move it to the left a bit.....miraculously, DAB kicked in.
I guess the issue is that the camera was directly below the twin fin aerial.
Need to buy some more 3m VHB, then i can reattach the camera in the correct place.

Back