Blackvue Power Magic Ultra compatibility

nyboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know if we can use the blackvue power magic ultra battery pack with thinkware f88 pro dash cams?

I noticed Cellink Neo has the option to order a kit for thinkware dash cams ( spliced cables ) but Blackvue doesn't

The splice cable is required for parking mode to work properly with thinkware cameras. This is because Thinkware cameras turns on parking mode when power on the ACC+ cable has been cut (It works similarly as the heated seats being turned off when you turn your engine off.

The Blackview camera enters into parking mode when it detects no vibration after a certain amount of time instead of requiring a special parking mode wire. Because of this feature, it does not require a separate parking mode and any battery pack that can provide a constant 12V power source for extended amount of time will work with the Blackview cameras.

Found the answer to my question.
Much thanks and patience from @Vortex Radar and @BlackboxMyCar !!

if anyone else is curious, no Thinkware dash cams isnt compatible with Blackvue power magic ultra and will need the 3 wire power cable in order for the parking mode to work properly for Thinkware dash cams

and incase people are wondering why i would use the blackvue power magic ultra and not Cellink neo is well, I got an amazing deal on the blackvue power magic ultra so I wanted to find a way to make it work

if anyone else is curious, no Thinkware dash cams isnt compatible with Blackvue power magic ultra and will need the 3 wire power cable in order for the parking mode to work properly for Thinkware dash cams

This statement is worded incorrectly and makes it seem like you can't use a Thinkware dashcam and the Blackvue B-124. I want to set the record straight here since there's not a lot of information about this battery. The B-124 is capable of sending an ACC signal that the Thinkware (or any other camera that requires an ACC) needs to go into parking mode. It however does not come with this cable from the factory and you will have to order it separately (BlackBoxMyCar has the cable) or make your own by modifying the cigarette output cable by adding a third pin and wire.

I found out that the internal voltage cut-off of the F800 pro is not accurate, I have decide not to risk my car battery as I'm using parking mode for many hours every day.
I was able to connect the Power Magic and external digital voltmeter inside the Glove Box.
Its working with no issue with the F800 Pro. I have set it to cut-off of 12V/12 hours.
With the digital voltmeter I'm able monitor my battery health every day and look for negative trend.
F800_1.jpg

F800_2.jpg

I found out that the internal voltage cut-off of the F800 pro is not accurate, I have decide not to risk my car battery as I'm using parking mode for many hours every day

Where did you get this information? I would like to know more about this.

Might be that my unit is faulty. I've got unstable voltage readings between 11.5V to 12.2V during parking mode. I verified with external Multimeter that this issue is related to the camera readings only and my car battery is just fine.

hi, I have a Cellink Neo battery which I want to connect to a Thinkware F200 camera. The Cellink Neo came with a spliced cable for connecting a Thinkware dashcam to the battery but this splice cable is not compatible with the Thinkware F200 version dashcam because the part that connects to the dashcam is larger than required. Does anyone know if it’s possible to create my own three wire cable which will enable park mode to operate?

hi, I have a Cellink Neo battery which I want to connect to a Thinkware F200 camera. The Cellink Neo came with a spliced cable for connecting a Thinkware dashcam to the battery but this splice cable is not compatible with the Thinkware F200 version dashcam because the part that connects to the dashcam is larger than required. Does anyone know if it’s possible to create my own three wire cable which will enable park mode to operate?
Yes, you can create your own there wire cable. I'm writing as a B-124 (Cellink Neo equivalent), not F200 user, so please correct me if I'm wrong:
You have to add crimp terminal to the oryginal F200 cable.

71voljlEOXL._SL1500_[1].jpg

Parts number of Molex components are as follow:
430300007 crimp terminal
797580010 crimp terminal with 300mm 20 AWG cable
436450400 crimp housing

The easiest way is to use crimp terminal with cable - in this case you don't need crimp tool.

Back