Blackvue SD cards

sejtam

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between normal and Blackvue's own SD cards?

In what way are they supposedly better? Heat resistance?

has anyone tried Strontium (they advertise high heat resistance etc)

Would a card with wear leveling be important (I doubt that as recording would use the whole disk
naturally, rather than in a PC application where the same data might often get overwritten)?

The ink they use to brand it is VERY expensive. :)

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between normal and Blackvue's own SD cards?

In what way are they supposedly better? Heat resistance?

has anyone tried Strontium (they advertise high heat resistance etc)

Would a card with wear leveling be important (I doubt that as recording would use the whole disk
naturally, rather than in a PC application where the same data might often get overwritten)?

We have tested thousands of dollars worth of SD cards over the years. And we can confirm that the BlackVue SD cards are better designed for dash cam use. They are manufactured in Korea by a large sd card manufacturer, for high-end dash cameras.

It can also be noted that Sandisk do have an 'Endurance' range of SD cards, 32GB + 64GB. As Sandisk realise their normal cards are not suited for dash cam use.

The ink they use to brand it is VERY expensive. :)

If this was the case, we would be using and recommending 3rd party cards to our customers. And everyone would make more money. But there is a difference in the card, and not just the ink.

Back