Blackvue warranty for US market

Chuck13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I am interested in purchasing the Blackvue 650-2CH, but looking at the various reviews in Amazon (US), many people complained that they have issue getting warranty from BlackVue when the camera went awry.

So for those in the US, what's your experience with BlackVue OWN standard 1 year warranty work in the US? Any issue if you try to file a warranty claim?

PS: this is not for dealership or unauthorized reseller "warranty", this is about BlackVue 1 year standard warranty.

Last edited:
buy from an authorised seller, people that have issues generally have bought grey market imports online

Yup, based on Blackvue website there are 2 authorized dealers: one in Amazon (HD Video) and another is Dashcamstore.

But I am curious if anyone have experienced dealing with any of them them for warranty. HD Video doesn't have a website, just Amazon front store.

Dealer prices tend to be higher.. which then covers the warranty and advice. Go for the cheapest price and you will have to do some footwork and research yourself :rolleyes:

I was hoping BlackVue, the manufacturer, will honor their standard warranty (1 year). I'll ship it back to the authorized reseller or even Korea if I have to. It's just like when I bought expensive speaker from Logitech and something went wrong. Had to call Logitech, ship it back but they honor the warranty (I had the receipt still).

According to BlackVue website, HD Video Depot is an authorized distributor and they sell through Amazon (BlackVue show Amazon picture). I just bought the 650 2-ch from them and (knock on the wood) if something goes wrong, I'll contact HD Video Depot. I'll update this thread IF there is problem with HD Video Depot or even BlackVue in honoring the 1 year standard warranty.

PS: This is for US market.

Seems a lot easier to just deal with a US dealer. I'm guessing they don't handle the warranty back and forth from Korea due to the shipping costs, can't imagine what it would be like if they had to pay for every individual customer's warranty shipment separately. If they had a US distribution center they would/could probably just deal with the warranty in house.
At the very least HD Video Depot has to follow by Amazon's seller rules so I think you have some extra protection in that regard, maybe make an A-to-Z claim if it escalates to that level.

Yup, based on Blackvue website there are 2 authorized dealers: one in Amazon (HD Video) and another is Dashcamstore.

I am not sure how US dealer dealing with units not purchase from them. My experience in my local dealer in Philippines, they help us to send and do all the documents and of course I pay for all the charges and decent service charges to the dealer without hassle of contacting Korea etc. This is what I get from Philippines.

Hello all,

I am interested in purchasing the Blackvue 650-2CH, but looking at the various reviews in Amazon (US), many people complained that they have issue getting warranty from BlackVue when the camera went awry.

So for those in the US, what's your experience with BlackVue OWN standard 1 year warranty work in the US? Any issue if you try to file a warranty claim?

PS: this is not for dealership or unauthorized reseller "warranty", this is about BlackVue 1 year standard warranty.

I am from the US, but I purchased mine from a Canadian dealer called Blackboxmycar.com. So far I am satisfied with the vendor's customer support.

Back