Blinking white light - 900S dead

GreatScot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So this morning I noticed a disconnected notification from the Blackvue app. So go out to the car and the dash cam is not on just flashing the from white light on the front, so I unplug and try again, still flashing, not booting up.
Changed the card and still the same.

Tried pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, still just keeps flashing.

Any ideas?

Try disconnecting and leaving for at least 15 minutes to remove any power from the capacitors, but also remove the SD card and plug it into a PC to see if there are any issues. Try putting in another SD card to see if it boots up.

Try disconnecting and leaving for at least 15 minutes to remove any power from the capacitors, but also remove the SD card and plug it into a PC to see if there are any issues. Try putting in another SD card to see if it boots up.
I’ve done both of these, including without a SD card.

Still just doing this.

One last thing to try before giving up is to go to BV's site and grab the firmware file (even if it's the same build), and follow the exact instructions to do a firmware upgrade (via the PC, not over-the-air). Put your SD with the firmware file back in the camera and power it up. If you're really lucky the bootstrapper will detect the SD & firmware and do the "upgrade" and the boot back up as normal.

The camera won't start without an SD card, nor with an SD card not properly formatted to FAT32. You didn't specifically say, but make sure you formatted your SD with the BV viewer app (or an external app that you verify formats to FAT32).

It seems like the SD card may have died or is now unreadable in the dash cam.

I've certainly been in situations where I thought I eliminated a suspect because I swapped in a second (cable, SD card, etc, etc) only to find that I had two bad cables, or SD cards, or whatever.
It's not unheard of for the camera to have completely died, but I wouldn't give up on playing musical SD cards just yet.

3rd cards now tried (last one for doing the firmware as suggested above), I only have one cable, the one supplied.

Same result, straight to white flashing light as soon as it is plugged in.

Back