Blue star on display?

Sentinel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes I see a blue star on the right side of the display and sometimes I don't. Does anyone know what that signifies?

Don't have the car with me today but I will get a pic and post it.
But basically it is just a light blue star on the right side of the screen. Top of the screen is the recording time, below that is resolution, just below that is where the star is when it displays. Below that is the SD card icon and at the bottom right finally is the battery icon; which on mine is always flashing because it is a capacitor model I guess.

Don't have the car with me today but I will get a pic and post it.
But basically it is just a light blue star on the right side of the screen. Top of the screen is the recording time, below that is resolution, just below that is where the star is when it displays. Below that is the SD card icon and at the bottom right finally is the battery icon; which on mine is always flashing because it is a capacitor model I guess.

hard to imagine just from describing it. There are many dozens of different G1X variations out there.

OK, here ya go. Finally got a chance to take a couple of pics. Sorry for the quality but they are cell phone pics of the screen as I don't know how to do a screen grab. But it should be sufficient1.jpg .

I guess thats the quality (fine / medium / low) of the photos you are taking (or the sharpness -> very sharp - medium - low). You can access this setting in the Photo Mode of your G1Wx and hit menu button twice and scroll down and set these parameters. See which one adds the stars (you have a max of 3 stars) and which one takes them away. I dont recollect correctly which one is the star - quality / sharpness, but I'm sure its one of these settings!

But then wouldn't it be there all the time? Sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't.

Probably it indicates front LEDs "On" operation - I can't verify this 100% bacause I disconnected LEDs on my G1W, but this star appears after short press on the power button and disappears after 2nd short press...

...but this star appears after short press on the power button and disappears after 2nd short press...
UFO homing beacon ON/OFF? :rolleyes::D

I'm too lazy to solder LEDs back, but I checked voltage on LEDs terminals - it's zero when no star and 3.3V with the blue star on the screen. LEDs on/off is controlled by power button short hit.

OK, so your saying that the blue star is present when the IR LED light is on and not present when it is missing? I have not looked at the front of the unit when it is there so I can't tell until next time. However, I can tell you that if that is the case then it is doing it on its own because I am not hitting any buttons. It comes on and goes off spontaneously with no input from me. I am driving and it is not there and then a few moments later it is there. Then after a while it disappears again, and I have pressed no buttons.

Next time it is on though I will try to see if the LED light is on. It's got to mean something.

Just checked it out and you are correct. If I press the on/off button the light goes on and off and the blue star appears or disappears accordingly.

So I'm guessing that it is going on and off while I am driving without me touching it. I never looked while I was driving to see if it is on.

Back