Blueskysea XB701

MS Roadrunner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have much info on unit is it new or old. My firmware version is 12-22-20. Need more info on operation, lot more functions than what manual says.

Welcome to DCT @MS Roadrunner :)

Never heard of that model. The Blueskysea manufacturer is a member here so maybe @estore009 can answer this for you.

Phil

Does anyone have much info on unit is it new or old. My firmware version is 12-22-20. Need more info on operation, lot more functions than what manual says.
You can DM me your email address. I will send you the newer firmware!

delete that mail and PM it to him by clicking his avartar and select start conversation

So you have one of these?

Amazon $260 Ebay as low as $196

I have purchased one of these, they are similar to the DV988 but with a smaller screen and permanent installation (you cannot remove it from the bike).
I have made some tests with it (in the car for now) and the reported GPS speed is off. Like totally off.
I have set the car on cruise control to keep 32 MPH and the unit reported speed was 24 MPH.
Now I have to accept that my car speedo is a bit on the high side and the same 32 MPH was actually 28 MPH on the smartphone.
@estore009 - is there any way that a software update can fix this, or it was made in purpose?
The GPS unit is inside the remote bit and that was on a very good position on the dash with plenty of satellites.

Cheers

is there any way that a software update can fix this, or it was made in purpose?
Cannot fix it by software. Need to update it with a higher refresh rate module I think!

In this case the whole speed showing & recording it's just a gimmick as you cannot rely on it, you would be over speeding.
And btw, please don't set the units to Chinese language by default. Cheers.

Back