Bluetti EB55

Wilson2233

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi I’m thinking of getting the EB55 to plug in my front and rear dash cams for 24/7 recording, instead of hardwiring them. Just wondering is this safe to do, especially in summer? I know the EB55 has a fan, which hopefully makes it safe for this kind of use?

In my opinion, using LFP battery based Power Station (PS) is the best possible option for the parking.

You get a lot more capacity and versatility for a lot less money, compere to dedicated dash cam batteries.

EB55 is LFP based so it is as safe as it gets, plus it has all the necessary protections.

Now days there are a lot of LFP PSs out there, so choosing the right one functionality-wise is important.
I have Bluetti EB3A which is basically a smaller brother of EB55.
I briefly tested it and it works, however it comes with couple of inconvenient functionality:

-EB3A has very high self-discharge rate I guess due to Bluetooth and more importantly wireless phone charger on top surface, I assume EB55 is similar. Although that wireless charger can be disconnected.
-Any time you see dedicated ON/OFF button for DC and/or USB ports on PS, it means those ports will not automatically activate, when PS turns on for charging when ACC is ON.
Work around using APP is posted here:

The new Bluetti AC2A, and AC70, look like better choice to me.

Last edited:
Back