BMW F31 Front fuse location

Ash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Has anyone hardwired to the front fuse box under the hood and if so what fuse number did you use.

Searching around I can only find info on the rear fuse numbers and may look to extend the current hardwire kit that I have, but before I do that wanted to find out if anyone had installed to front fuse box and numbers location used..

Thanks

Extending the hardwire kit from the rear fusebox will be a lot easier than pulling cables from the front.
There has been someone who installed the BMW Car Eye 2.0 using the front fuse box. According to his post he needed 5h for the cables. He needed to add new cables to the fuse box.
I would recommend using the rear fusebox. With this you won't have to add cables to the fusebox, pull the cables through the firewall and so on.

Reactions: Ash
Hi Ash, see my thread here
I hardwired to my F36 but yours will be the same, I also link to the bmw instructions for the fuses they use for theirs. It’s far easier to use the front fuse box than the back on these because of how easy it is to get the cables through the bulk head.

Reactions: Ash
Hi Ash, see my thread here
I hardwired to my F36 but yours will be the same, I also link to the bmw instructions for the fuses they use for theirs. It’s far easier to use the front fuse box than the back on these because of how easy it is to get the cables through the bulk head.

This looks good thank you, I will investigate how easy to remove trim, I don't think I may do the silver clips you used, I have the fuse tap, but this could be the one, thanks for adding pics in your thread, helps massively.

This looks good thank you, I will investigate how easy to remove trim, I don't think I may do the silver clips you used, I have the fuse tap, but this could be the one, thanks for adding pics in your thread, helps massively.
Yes a fuse tap will obviously do the same job it’s just getting it sit properly, I had the terminals for the fuse box so decided to take that route. I also wired mine to a different circuit for the acc feed so it behaved slightly differently as I detailed.
The trim is quite easy on the whole, the passengers footwell trim is held on by 2 10mm nuts, I think I also took the glovebox out but it’s not essential to get to the hole through to the fuse box, just made routing wires easier. A pillar trims are straight forward and worth removing to avoid crossing wires over the curtain airbags.

Yes a fuse tap will obviously do the same job it’s just getting it sit properly, I had the terminals for the fuse box so decided to take that route. I also wired mine to a different circuit for the acc feed so it behaved slightly differently as I detailed.
The trim is quite easy on the whole, the passengers footwell trim is held on by 2 10mm nuts, I think I also took the glovebox out but it’s not essential to get to the hole through to the fuse box, just made routing wires easier. A pillar trims are straight forward and worth removing to avoid crossing wires over the curtain airbags.
Quick question @Mtrev In your thread, the second picture, after you taken the lid off the fuse box, how did you undo the fuse panel itself (where you are showing the underside of fuses) from the plastic box. Was trying to pry but did not want to exert to much pressure in breaking the plastic. Thanks

Quick question @Mtrev In your thread, the second picture, after you taken the lid off the fuse box, how did you undo the fuse panel itself (where you are showing the underside of fuses) from the plastic box. Was trying to pry but did not want to exert to much pressure in breaking the plastic. Thanks
The fuse box unclips, there are 2 each side and one on each end I think

Back