Botslab brand?

keaka

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone ever by a Botslab????

4K Dash Cam Front and Rear, 170° Ultra Wide Dashcam with ADAS, Dash Camera for Cars with WDR, Free 64GB SD Card, Sony IMX415 Sensor, 5G/2.4G WiFi, Built-in GPS, Loop Reocrding, Night Vision.​

Thanks.

Looks like one person did, there is one Amazon review that does not look like a fake 5 star review, and that says:

Scott MacLean said:
Overall, this is a pretty dismal example of a 4K dash camera. It looks great (although a bit large and heavy), but does not perform anywhere near to what the specs say it should. The app required to operate the camera requires you to create an account with whatever random foreign manufacturer makes this thing - you better hope they stick around, or this camera becomes a paperweight. The daytime image is just OK, and the nighttime image is absolutely dismal. The extra safety features don't work well, it flashes you in the face with a bright green light, and it talks incessantly.

I always get a kick out of some of the weird names we often see for Chinese dash cam companies. I wonder who comes up with them? :unsure:

I'm sure that BOTSLAB is meant to evoke something like "Robots Lab" but somehow this one comes across as "Bot Slab" to me. :smuggrin:

BOT - "A software program that imitates the behavior of a human, as in participating in chatroom or IRC discussions."

SLAB - "A broad, flat, thick piece, as of stone or cheese."

:geek:

Last edited:
I always get a kick out of some of the weird names we often see for Chinese dash cam companies. I wonder who comes up with them? :unsure:

I'm sure that BOTSLAB is meant to evoke something like "robot lab" but somehow this one comes across as "Bot Slab" to me. :smuggrin:

BOT - "A software program that imitates the behavior of a human, as in participating in chatroom or IRC discussions."

SLAB - "A broad, flat, thick piece, as of stone or cheese."

:geek:
Looks like a Bot Slab to me:

Looks more like a giant hockey puck to me, but ok it's a flat robotic thing.

Also, how is a vacuum cleaner a "security product to protect your family"?

A "slab" generally denotes a rectangle such as a:

"broad, flat, somewhat thick piece of stone, wood, or other solid material"

or a

"mortuary table"

or a

"a thick slice of anything: a slab of bread".

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the help. Won't be buying this one after reading everyone's review. Thanks !!

Thank you everyone for the help. Won't be buying this one after reading everyone's review. Thanks !!
A good move.

I would suggest going with one of the more popular and positively reviewed cameras here on the forum. Viofo is highly recommended and the company is a member here on the site where they are very responsive and offer excellent support.

Thanks, just pulled the trigger and bought a Viofo 129 PRO 4K dual cam.

Back