Brand New Lukas 7700 Video Problem

Khanh

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received this Lukas New from Green-Sum on eBay. I have not contacted the seller about this problem yet, thought I should ask you guys first. Maybe it is a user problem, maybe not. I have the dash cam hardwired, it is always ON. I currently have the video settings on default except at 11MB quality and full HD.

This video shows the problem. It is a clip of the motion detected, It also happens on other modes too. The first 10 seconds the video is nice and kinda clear (normal) then after 10 seconds, the video is noisy/static and low quality-like. What could the problem be? Please help, Thank you!

Watch in 1080P

I doesn't look as bad on youtube. but on a raw video file, the you will notice a huge change.
Here's the link to the raw file:

Download it and play on VLC PLayer. For some reason, watching it through youtube/googledrive you will not see the big change.
Again, Thank you for your time and help!

Last edited:
I have notised kinda the same with my experiments with parking mode on my LK7500, its like the camera dont use the same EV settings in motion mode as all the other modes.

During tests at night its clear to see that the captures footage in motion mode is darker than the recordings from allways or parking mode.

I have notified Lukas a long time ago via mail, but had no reply, and to be honest i doubt they will issue a fix with firmware as my 7500 now is a older model.

In your video i can see some changes on the garage door and roof on the house on the other side of the road, i did not notise this on my camera, so to be safe i will experiment a Little more.

Last edited:
My memory was acting up a Little, its when my camera is in parking mode that its footage is darker than when in allways or motion detect mode.
This seem to be the same on several Lukas models, dunno why the parking setting use other exposure settings than allways or motion detect.
To me this issue should be easy to fix in firmware.

I am allso kean to see if its the same on the latest Lukas models, ipol ordered one of the new 9700 ones, so we have to wait a Little for his verdict on that model.

I will try to get some daylight footage tomorrow, just to see if my LK 7500 have the same noice issue.

PS. You forgot to add the link to the raw footage ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses! In the second video, the video is very clear and crisp. Compared to mine, mine looks 480P, maybe worst. I've contacted green-sum on eBay. They suggested that I buy the CPL filter(highly doubt that will fix the problem), clean windshield(it's clean), and angling the cam. Is it properly set based on the my YouTube video? I'm pretty sure it is.

I strongly believe it is a hardware/firmware problem.

I will PM you the link. Thanks again!

Just been looking at the raw file, and to me it is like the pixels are shimmering like there is a heat haze over the footage. ( this can allso be seen in the youtube footage )
The shimmering pixels are most easy to spot when the cam go into motion mode, and it dont look that bad on my 7500 ( judging off YT footage as i no longer have the raw files )

Allso looking at the overhead cables, and the garage door on the other side of the road it is like there is different sharpness settings in play, parking mode seem a Little blurred where as motion recording get much sharper.
But thats allso the case with my 7500 with a sony cmos ( you have a samsung cmos i believe )

I am playing your file with the player build into Windows 7, and its by no means as bad as the footage off my old cctv camera based setup.

I will still try to replicate your recordings tomorrow on my 7500 just for the hell of it ( it is after all another model i have )
minus the overhaead cables as we dont have that here beside for a fjew of the huge high voltage backbone power lines.

And lets see what the more hardcore guys have to say to your issue, i am by no means as hardcore or knowledgeable as some of the other guys in here.

Lukas should adress these issues in my opinion, to me it give a Little feeling of a rush job at Lukas.

The black piece to the right on the cam in the video, is my Cobra radar detector. I will move it out of sight and turn it to see if it'll fix the problem, but I doubt the radar causing the problem.

Worth a try, but i doubt it too.

Back