Bricked my Git1?

tejr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've contacted support and they have asked me to send a video of the issue, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I recently installed my camera in the car as a dash cam, it worked for a couple of days. Then one day I swapped memory cards for a larger one, but it then failed to switch on.

Now it simply doesn't respond to anything, won't power up at all, no lights, no beeps?

I've tried -
-Removing memory card
-Different (original) memory card
-Removing battery for 1-2hours then re-inserting
-Charging overnight with a different charger

Dead as a dodo ?

Try reinstalling the F/W.

To do that you would need to be able to power it up?

I've contacted support, they say its dead and I have options to send it back to repair it or buy a replacement.

To do that you would need to be able to power it up?

I've contacted support, they say its dead and I have options to send it back to repair it or buy a replacement.
No, you can do it without powering it up, just put the file on the SD card using a card reader. put the SD card in the camera and attempt to turn it on, it will install the firmware before powering up.

Give it plenty of time to flash its leds while installing - couple of minutes.

Sometimes you need to install the loader first, in the same way.

Other people have had this happen, not common but it has happened and they have got it back working with an install.

Just tried it.. No go .. will be sending it back today..

Thanks guys.

Just an update.. despite having confirmation, around a month ago, that I would receive a replacement I am still waiting.

I've made several requests for tracking info or access to the support ticket, but despite very polite replies, I've received no real information.

Quite disappointing to be honest. Over 2 months later, still no working action/dash cam. In that time we have been on holiday twice (where I would have liked to have used the action cam) and have been driving around without a dash cam :(

Yeah, I'm not too happy with their "service" either. Over a year ago maybe close to two, I posted somewhere here on the forums about my Git1 having a white screen randomly. Git1 responded quickly and asked if I felt comfortable replacing the screen, implying they would take care of it. Never happened and no reply to my post about me saying I was able to replace it myself, either.

Just an update.. I got my Git1 back yesterday.. Had to pay £11 customs charge :( Which I understand is normal for a replacement (as opposed to a repair?).

Latest firmware seems an improvement too (ability to lock recording using the menu button for dash cam mode).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmyladylostx Git1 11
M Git1 8
M Git1 4
C Git1 10
srvctec Git1 7
Back