Buffering Mode When Parked.

jamesjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As anyone tried using this method when in parking mode and will it save memory and battery life?

When parked use motion detection I reduced the sensitivity to off and impact sensitivity at parking mode to 5, and it results in 20 second clips in parking record 10 seconds before and 10 after the incident which should be enough to see the incident and get a number plate of the car that hit you.

I tried this yesterday I left my bonnet on the second or safety catch went back after parking mode had kicked in and the buffered recording shows me walking up to the car and pushing the bonnet closed.

The obviously question is, is there any saving of battery life it should save on SD card memory because the F770 is not recording to the card but will it save on battery life for the same reason.

If I am missing something please let me know because the good buffering parking mode was why I bought the F770 and hardwired to the car.

Kind regards
James.

You certainly get a lot more recording time on the memory card. There is very little difference in power drain. I did some amperage checks a while back using a 12.3v supply and for a 2 channel F770 in Motion detection it used 0.28a, in timelapse it used 0.27a so basically the same.

You certainly get a lot more recording time on the memory card. There is very little difference in power drain. I did some amperage checks a while back using a 12.3v supply and for a 2 channel F770 in Motion detection it used 0.28a, in timelapse it used 0.27a so basically the same.

Thanks for the input of course it was the saving in battery life I was hoping would be improved.

Kind regards,
James.

Back