Buying an ITB-100HD SP

Al Drake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

This is my first post but I have been doing much reading here and online and have decided I would like to start by purchasing an ITB-100HD SP but I am having difficulties. I am unsuccessful at completing my order with ohmyblackbox and wonder if it's me or the site. Are there any other places that have this unit or any serious recommendations of a different make or model?
I live in NH and drive 40 Miles to Mass 6 days a week and have already wished I had a dash cam so I am ready for this.

Thanks for a great group and many interesting posts.

Al.

Hi Al Drake,

For some strange reason, Itronics makes it very hard for people outside of Korea to purchase their product. If you want this model, your best bet is to contact some of the former Itronics eBay sellers directly and see if they have it available.

I just got an email from them asking me about the error so I'll give them some time to figure it out. I did read about someone on this group recommending contacting people like you suggest but this is my first time buying though e-bay am I'm still a bit shy. Thanks for the reply and if I don't find this error can be fixed I will have to try your recommendation.

DashCamMan said:
Hi Al Drake,

For some strange reason, Itronics makes it very hard for people outside of Korea to purchase their product. If you want this model, your best bet is to contact some of the former Itronics eBay sellers directly and see if they have it available.
Update:

Today I was able to complete the transaction and go forward with the purchase of the new Itronics ITB-100HD SP. I am happy to have purchased this because I had ordered the older ITB-100DH at Amazon for over $300 but I cancelled. I decided not to order the ITB-250 even though it was only an extra $10.00. I hope I did the right think. I don't need Wi-Fi anyway so now I will see how long it takes for delivery.

On a rather comical note I have a Mini-DVR I am using for now with a CCTV camera mounted in my back window which can be clearly seen by everyone driving behind me. I drove 40 miles from Burlington Mass to Derry NH at rush hour and can say I never had such a laugh in a long time. It might be my imagination but it seemed no one was driving behind me the whole ride home. :lol:

Al.

Some ebay sellers are handling ITB-100HD right now.

What's happened? :D

Suddenpack said:
Some ebay sellers are handling ITB-100HD right now.

What's happened? :D
I saw plenty of the older ITB-100HD but I wanted the newer SP model. I have one coming from ohmyBlackbox.com. I probably paid more than I could have if I waited and shopped around but I don't mind paying the extra.

Hey guys, this is my first post. I thought I should post and let everyone know that I bought the ITB-100HD SP from www.ohmyblackbox.com. I was hesitant at first because I couldn't find any information whatsoever about this vendor... Well, I placed the order on 03/14/2013..didn't have any problems completing the order with paypal like the others did.. The package shipped the next day and I received the shipment on 03/18/2013. Really quick, but it wasn't held at customs so others may find the shipping to be longer. By the way, I'm located in Lakewood, California (USA).
Anyways, I think these guys deserve some of our business. Of course, this is just my own experience with ohmyblackbox so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm loving this new camera!
Note: the sd card that comes with the package has the english version of the itb player. The voice that comes out of the cam is korean.. I don't know if you can change it?

Last edited by a moderator:
kuuuma said:
Hey guys, this is my first post. I thought I should post and let everyone know that I bought the ITB-100HD SP from http://www.ohmyblackbox.com. I was hesitant at first because I couldn't find any information whatsoever about this vendor... Well, I placed the order on 03/14/2013..didn't have any problems completing the order with paypal like the others did.. The package shipped the next day and I received the shipment on 03/18/2013. Really quick, but it wasn't held at customs so others may find the shipping to be longer. By the way, I'm located in Lakewood, California (USA).
Anyways, I think these guys deserve some of our business. Of course, this is just my own experience with ohmyblackbox so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm loving this new camera!
Note: the sd card that comes with the package has the english version of the itb player. The voice that comes out of the cam is korean.. I don't know if you can change it?
I think you made the right decision. I live on the east coast so mine took longer to arrive but so far I like it. I found an English version of the manual but I didn't really need it. I hope to get mine installed this afternoon. I had been hesitant ever since I decided I would get a car cam. It seems every day I find another "new" one that I think I should have gotten. Now it's the Lukas LK-7900 ACE that looks good. I might even get one just to make sure I have a top notch item.

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back