Bypass voltage cutoff?

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
I bought the @NextBase Support series 2 hardwire kit for my 522GW dash cam, it is a very good kit and I have it installed correctly and everything but I do have one gripe, sometimes when starting up the car the camera flat out doesn't get power. For context I have the kit fitted to an ACC fuse which I've checked and isn't the issue, I'm almost certain its the voltage cutoff as the hardwire kit cant tell when the car is on or off it uses the cut off which seems far too high for driving, the camera wont turn on for a lot of the drive, I have confirmed the camera isn't the issue and was wondering if there would be a solution or way to bypass the voltage cut off.

Perhaps some sort of delay relay to start the camera when everything is stable.

Hello,

Does the same thing happen if you plug the hard wire kit directly into the camera instead of via the GPS mount please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

update: camera wouldnt start up today and tried to plug it direct into camera, now difference. Any ideas nextbase?

Does the camera start if it's plugged in with a USB cable inside the house? If so, then there's a major issue with the hard wire kit and I'd recommend checking that both the fitting is correct and that the LED is illuminated on the kit.

Kind regards,
Millie

Does the camera start if it's plugged in with a USB cable inside the house? If so, then there's a major issue with the hard wire kit and I'd recommend checking that both the fitting is correct and that the LED is illuminated on the kit.

Kind regards,
Millie
The issue is with the voltage cutoff on the hardwire kit that protects the battery, it activates when driving as the kit cannot tell when you are driving or parked

Hello,

I presume from your last message that it works correctly inside your home on the USB cable. The voltage cut off is 11.2V. If less than 11.2V is provided, the camera will not receive charge. I'd recommend moving the hard wire kit to a permanently live fuse rather than a switch live fuse. Ensure Parking Mode is enabled on the dashcam.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello,

I presume from your last message that it works correctly inside your home on the USB cable. The voltage cut off is 11.2V. If less than 11.2V is provided, the camera will not receive charge. I'd recommend moving the hard wire kit to a permanently live fuse rather than a switch live fuse. Ensure Parking Mode is enabled on the dashcam.

Kind regards,
Millie
parking mode causes more issues with freezing and corrupt sd cards, im using a nextbase 32gb that was purchased around a month ago, have just switched to my cigarette lighter charger and got rid of hwk

Back