C1 web cam mode

cf7

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
INNOVV..C3. Xiaomi Yi Dashcam
Has anyone successful get webcam mode with C1?
please post a video..if possible.

Like with printers i have never seen a reason to have one.

I don't need a printer neither, but wife loves reading on prints..

To use webcam mode remove SD card then plug in USB...(charging mode) Press and hold both power and shutter buttons for atleast 5 seconds...If its the first time using webcam mode drivers will download...If you use AMCap to view the live video select the Devices tab then select USB PC Camera to start video...

Thanks for this clearer instruction anyone with a laptop can use this to setup the position of the camera in a car.

dpick1947

I had sd card in C1..that was reason I can't get to webcam mode. Innovv instruction sheet should reflect that for new users

Now..I had frozen C1 while attempting to webcam mode..with sd card in C1..the firmware must have taken the key sequence as commend..

Innovv should take a look why the webcam button sequence cause freeze when sd card was in..

Dont feel to bad...the same thing happened to me until I figured out that the card needed to be removed to use webcam mode...When I was adding the videostamp logo setting to my GUI I ran into another problem...I would typed in "2kool4u.com" as logo and I would get "2k4.m" in the video...I went over the code countless times and couldnt find a problem...then I totally removed the line "videostamp= " to see what would happen...I ended up getting the "INNOVV" logo...thats when I realized the logo had to be in all caps...and if you want no logo but still have time/date you need to leave it as "videostamp=" with nothing after it to remove that Innovv logo...live and learn : )

I just put my C1 back together...
I tried webcam mode once again..and it works but you need to press shutter to activate.

Here is recap how..
No sd card. (important)
plug in Cpu cable..NOT the 2m dashcam pwr cable
C1 is off mode..no lights.
Now .
Hold Shutter button and then press and hold pwr button for at least 5 seconds.
yes, hold it even after red light come on..
once the unit is found and driver(S) installed.
it will labelled as J1455 webcam.

though it shows in devices..
.you still need to press "shutter" button again in your app..
..otherwise, Computer will report as connection problem and webcam not found

yes.. it works in Google talk and Yaw cam..

Very solid experience for people to learn from:)

Just a side note...Using the latest firmware (3-13-2014) be sure to remove the SD card before using webcam mode or you will format your SD card...

Any color lights flashing to indicate it is formatting?

Formatting is indicated by blue flashing led light

In Camera Formatting is actually a green led...led blinks about 10 times to format the card...I don't know why the vendor shows it as a blue led...unless theres a camera I don't know about...

I thought flashing green is firmware update...vendor really needs to update user manual.

Back