Cable question

Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be fair to assume that all usb power cables are wired the same way. My Nextbase has died, it is hard wired to an ignition on pole. Might I be able to simply use that cable to power my N4 pro? Or would you consider that a risk too far?

So long as you were able to the plug the Nextbase directly into a PC to download files, I think the physical risk of doing damage is minimal. Power and data should be wired as per the USB standard. However, you may find performance using the wrong cable isn't as good as using the right cable, so I think you can try it without too much risk...

Wibbly, thanks for that. Connection from my 522 to computer was not thru the same power socket, the only similarity is the USB power in, in car. I will err on the side of caution I think, it will not take long to change over. # note to self: you can always sell the hardwire kit.

I think it quite likely that parking mode wouldn't work, and the N4 may take too much power for the cheaper cable causing random issues; better to swap.

I think it quite likely that parking mode wouldn't work, and the N4 may take too much power for the cheaper cable causing random issues; better to swap.
Thanks for input Nigel.

Back