Cam seems to shut off and then turn right on

pmanipole

Reaction score
Country
United States
Newest firmware installed. I will be driving down the road and it will randomly say 2 cameras recording. I have double checked the power connections and have moved the power to my obd2 for parking mode. All the videos are perfect it just randomly reminds me. Is this normal for this dashcam?
Also when on park mode it seems to record alot of videos in my driveway of nothing. I can have 50 small vids overnight for no reason. I have tried different sensitivity settings but they seem to be the same.

Newest firmware installed. I will be driving down the road and it will randomly say 2 cameras recording. I have double checked the power connections and have moved the power to my obd2 for parking mode. All the videos are perfect it just randomly reminds me. Is this normal for this dashcam?
Also when on park mode it seems to record alot of videos in my driveway of nothing. I can have 50 small vids overnight for no reason. I have tried different sensitivity settings but they seem to be the same.

Regarding parking mode, I'd suggest to move to either time-lapse 5fps or low bitrate Recording. AED Just gives me grief.

Regarding the 2 channel blah blah, that's not normal at all.

It is abnormal if you always hear "Two channels recording started" during your driving. It seems that the power supply is not stable, so the camera always restarts. Please use the original car charger to confirm if the issue still persists while driving. It is better to use our hardwire kit for installation if you want to use parking mode. To reduce videos under the Auto Event Detection parking mode, please set the sensitivity to low. If not help, you can update this special firmware: https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj

It is abnormal if you always hear "Two channels recording started" during your driving. It seems that the power supply is not stable, so the camera always restarts. Please use the original car charger to confirm if the issue still persists while driving. It is better to use our hardwire kit for installation if you want to use parking mode. To reduce videos under the Auto Event Detection parking mode, please set the sensitivity to low. If not help, you can update this special firmware: https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj
I used the cable and adapter when I first plugged it in and it did it from the start. then i switched to a garmin obd2 plug with 2 usb ports and it still does it. I will try the parking mode you suggested.

My 2ch A139 Pro has also restarted recording part way through a journey.
It has only happened a few times, and each time I've put it down to the possibility of the camera overheating and it being a safety feature. However, as the recording appears to be interrupted by only a few seconds, I'm not sure my assumption is correct.
The camera is hardwired using the Viofo kit, although it is not set up for parking mode.
I use a recommended Sandisk Extreme 256Gb card.

My 2ch A139 Pro has also restarted recording part way through a journey.
It has only happened a few times, and each time I've put it down to the possibility of the camera overheating and it being a safety feature. However, as the recording appears to be interrupted by only a few seconds, I'm not sure my assumption is correct.
The camera is hardwired using the Viofo kit, although it is not set up for parking mode.
I use a recommended Sandisk Extreme 256Gb card.
1. Please use the original car charger or take it home to use a wall charger to confirm if the issue is related to the power supply. 2. If the issue still persists whatever power supply you use, please detach the rear camera to confirm if the front camera can work well. If yes, the rear camera may be not stable. Then please check the rear port to confirm if the connection between the rear camera and the front one is not steady. If there is no problem with the port, then you may need to change the rear cable to test first.

The original car charger is the power socket to USB converter supplied in the dashcam box.

Some third party converters don't deliver enough amperage.

:unsure:
What does original car charger mean?
Can you name the brand/model?

:unsure::unsure:
What is it?
Notice I don't ask WTF

How to do it??? :mad:
It is my fault. The "original car charger" is the long type-C power cable included in the package: 1690962246373.pngPlease plug it into the cigarette lighter to supply power to the camera instead of hardwire kit. About the rear port, please check if there is an obvious damage trace on it. If there is no damage, then you can shake the rear cable slightly to confirm if the connection is steady. If the connection is loose, you may hear voice notifications about different channel starting. The above suggestions are just methods you can do the troubleshooting.

1. Please use the original car charger or take it home to use a wall charger to confirm if the issue is related to the power supply. 2. If the issue still persists whatever power supply you use, please detach the rear camera to confirm if the front camera can work well. If yes, the rear camera may be not stable. Then please check the rear port to confirm if the connection between the rear camera and the front one is not steady. If there is no problem with the port, then you may need to change the rear cable to test first.
Thanks for the reply.
I will give all of the above a try and update if the problem still persists.

Back