niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Cambox - Daddy of all dash cams ?

Most detailed info you can find from Russian websites ( see links below )

Manufacturer is French company :

http://www.camsports.com/

Russian distributors:

http://www.camsports.ru/
http://www.detaleco.ru/

Youtube videos from detaleco:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Detaleco

Full review with more photos:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... u%2FCambox

Source:
http://www.auto-dvrs.ru/80-cambox

DVR CamBox - Full HD 60fps and bitrate 18Mb / s

NEW 2013 Action Camera CamBox. Joint development companies Camsports, Detaleco and MiCamsorder.
The formulation was considered a huge experience of previous models, the maximum ease of use, functionality of the camera, the quality of the video and much more. The main objective was to create maximum functionality and better video quality while remaining competitive on price.

Specifically for use as a car recorder were made to optimize the resolution of 1920x1080p 25/30fps a video at dusk and night time frame with maximum detail and crisp display of license plate and road signs in poor visibility. When choosing the best quality video average bit rate is 18Mb / s at FullHD resolution 25/30 / 60fps.

In this device, a powerful ARM11 processor architecture for high-speed and high-performance coding tasks and post-processing signal. Using 3D MCTF and WDR technology allows you to CamBox excellent quality of recording video in any weather conditions.
The optical sensor uses advanced technology matrix 16:9 Superior Low Light and image stabilization system. This sensor allows the maximum perceive environmental information and allows you to get a clean and informative picture in the dark with a resolution of FullHD six-zero (1920x1080 frame rate of 60 frames / second) and photo resolution 16 MegaPixel.

The angle of the camera 170 degrees. This angle is independent of the selected product menu resolution video (HD60, FullHD30/25, FullHD50/60). It is always 170 degrees, allowing you to capture the maximum picture of what is happening around. Swivel lens allows to adjust the horizon, depending on the position of the camera.

GPS in the device CamBox implemented a highly stable chipset with support for GPS update frequency of 5 times per second. Now even at high speeds on auto racing, you can easily observe the location of the vehicle. Fast cold start GPS to determine your location in the shortest period of time even in severe weather conditions. After the loss of signal (tunnel, underground parking) coordinate recovery takes about 1 second.
The device set G-Sensor (accelerometer) for indicating the camera position in space and tracking sudden changes. If you use the camera as a video recorder this video sensor protects from erasure. For use as an action-camera, it allows you to watch by overloading when flying in the air or at the downhill ski slope with.

Convenient car mount on the windshield can easily but securely mount the camera in your car. The camera can be rotated on the horizon, and at any time you can easily rotate it to the interlocutor, to the left of the driver. Besides CamBox allows you to connect the power and external microphone directly to the car mount. No more having to connect wires after removal / installation. One hand is enough to put CamBox in a car holder. The unit automatically turns on and starts recording. At the end of a trip with the easy movement of one hand to remove the device and put it in a bag. The device switches off automatically. Everything is simple and convenient.

CamBox fully supports memory cards microSD 64Gb, which is important when you want to record a lot of videos.
Built-in display allows you to view the recorded video directly from the device. The possibility of copying or cutting the file directly from the device menu CamBox.

The device menu CamBox created specifically focusing on a wide range of user levels. Those who have no desire to understand the detailed device settings created pre-settingsy Sports / Auto / Photo / Security / Video recorder. Just select the desired mode using CamBox and the unit automatically sets the optimal parameters. Those who need to fine-tune your settings under CamBox - provided a wide range of variable parameters. Possible to customize everything from stamps the time / date / GPS / G-Sensor in the video, turn off sensors to select the exposure and Zoom settings by default.

During recording, you can easily take pictures, turn off the microphone or even protect the file from being erased by simply pressing the appropriate buttons located conveniently on the device.
Chance of a huge range of camera use CamBox, from taking extreme underwater sports to write out the window of your car. Additional accessories include: remote control, set the necessary cables, an external microphone with a wind protection, waterproof pouch, a set of sporting fixtures and waterproof external camera that lets you record just FullHD six-zero video without the need for a sensor device.

The device has integrated software for PCs with built-in video codecs, allowing any computer to view footage, cut out the desired part of the video, a screenshot, remove or impose audio and more.

Specifications:
• Resolution 1920x1080i60/50, 1920x1080p30/25, 720p60/50fps
• 16 MP photos
• FullHD 16:9 CMOS Sensor A-Pix technology
• Excellent video quality night
• Display 2.0 "LTPS
• Rotating lens 220 ° around
• Image Stabilization (GIS Shake Reduction Technology)
• Viewing Angle 170 ° (glass lens)
• GLONASS ready
• GPS (cold start 27sek., Hot start 1sec)
• Updating GPS: 4 times per second
• G-Sensor accelerometer
• The remote control (waterproof)
• Supports MicroSD 64Gb
• Car mount (swing, with a USB connector and a microphone)
• Support for external camera 1080i50/60, 1080p25/30 (connector)
• Built-in high sensitivity microphone
• Supports simultaneous operation of 4 microphones: the internal / external / avto-derzhatele/vo in the outer chamber.
• HDMI Output
• Battery 1050mAh
• The Copy all or part of the file directly to the menu of the device to another microSD
• Protect files from being erased
• Convenient pre-installation of Auto / Sports / Security
• Software (integrated into the device). GoogleMap / Yandex, speedometer, compass, 3G chart

Price of CamBox - 11 950 рублей. ( 375 usd )

Source: http://www.detaleco.ru/

Attachments

• CamBox.png
    CamBox.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 546
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CamBox 1080i/60fps 18Mbps ARM11 GPS WDR 3Dm 64Gb 16:9 CM

More review below.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... zor-otzivi

Please select the item of the article:

- Description and Specifications

- What is KamBoks (CamBox) from the manufacturer

- What is KamBoks (CamBox) in the car, "the user"

- Getting Started

- Installation on a car windshield

- The most frequently used functions, explanations

18Mbps? That must produce crazy file sizes!

I'm a bit skeptical at this stage, they offer a lot of words but very light on detail

dashingthrusnow said:

TioTech and other NT96650 based new dash cams offer 15Mbs, the video quality is good, so 18Mbps should be even better at 30fps. If at 1080i ( 60fps ) 18Mbps bitrate, then in theory video should be outstanding, but I have not yet seen RAW files and I do not trust YouTube compression to make a fair judgement.

jokiin said:
I'm a bit skeptical at this stage, they offer a lot of words but very light on detail

I am trying to source out more specific technical details and RAW footage, but it seems very little info on Russian forums about this dash cam.

niko said:
dashingthrusnow said:

TioTech and other NT96650 based new dash cams offer 15Mbs, the video quality is good, so 18Mbps should be even better at 30fps. If at 1080i ( 60fps ) 18Mbps bitrate, then in theory video should be outstanding, but I have not yet seen RAW files and I do not trust YouTube compression to make a fair judgement.

even an A2 can safely do 18Mbps, (can actually do higher) we do up to 15Mbps user selectable on ours, really it's a practical limitation as the file sizes are excessive for no perceptible gain to go any higher, I guess from a marketing perspective it is probably desirable, I question whether many people would use it that high though, reading between the lines I don't know that the hardware spec on this one is as high as it might seem

Very interested in this... it might replace my TF2+!

Milamber said:

I think you'll find better options coming to market within this year, I'd stick with the TF2+ for the time being I think

Milamber said:

Only time will tell, need to wait and see how reliable they are in the long term, but buyers feedback is very high.

From 66 feedbacks and comments:

5 star gave 54 buyers
4 star gave 6 buyers
3 star gave 3 buyers
3 star gave 1 buyer

Numbers and comments from real buyers are positive.

Back