Camera does not record and restarts randomly

Hazy

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 2-Channel
Unfortunately, I have a problem with the camera. It worked fine at first, but for the past few days it keeps restarting and sometimes only recording on one channel or not at all.
I have already tried the following:
  • Installed the latest firmware V1.1_0629, unfortunately without any improvement.
  • Factory reset and reconfigured the camera after installing the firmware.
  • Cable to the rear camera is firmly plugged in.
  • Using the original USB adapter.
  • Used both a SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB and a SanDisk MAX Endurance 256GB memory card, both of which have the same symptoms.

Is there another trick or is the camera defective?

Are you also using the Viofo power cable that came with the camera?

Have you reformatted the card in the camera?

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the camera. It worked fine at first, but for the past few days it keeps restarting and sometimes only recording on one channel or not at all.
I have already tried the following:
  • Installed the latest firmware V1.1_0629, unfortunately without any improvement.
  • Factory reset and reconfigured the camera after installing the firmware.
  • Cable to the rear camera is firmly plugged in.
  • Using the original USB adapter.
  • Used both a SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB and a SanDisk MAX Endurance 256GB memory card, both of which have the same symptoms.

Is there another trick or is the camera defective?
Please unplug the interior/rear camera to test the main front camera only to confirm if the issue is related to an unstable rear/interior camera first. If the same issue occurs, please use the original car charger plugged into the cigarette lighter to confirm if the power supply shall be blamed. Wait for your results.

Please unplug the interior/rear camera to test the main front camera only to confirm if the issue is related to an unstable rear/interior camera first. If the same issue occurs, please use the original car charger plugged into the cigarette lighter to confirm if the power supply shall be blamed. Wait for your results.
The error also occurs with the original charger.
When the rear camera is unplugged, the cam keeps recording without arbitrary restarts.

I'm getting a replacement cable sent to me free of charge, which is great :cool:(y)
I just hope it'll last longer than the last one.

Back