camera lens clean?

laflaone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro, 3 ch
During the unpacking/installation procedures, It is all too easy to put a fingerprint smudge on one of the lenses. I have looked all through the user manual and cannot find anything on lens cleaning. I have a spray bottle of Zeiss Lens Cleaner, and some microfiber cloths. Any problem with using these items to clean the lenses?

Most cameras come with a little cloth, that is all i have ever used - no liquids.
Cameras also often come with a protective film over the lens, some forget to remove it or dont see it as they can be sort of transparent.

During the unpacking/installation procedures, It is all too easy to put a fingerprint smudge on one of the lenses. I have looked all through the user manual and cannot find anything on lens cleaning. I have a spray bottle of Zeiss Lens Cleaner, and some microfiber cloths. Any problem with using these items to clean the lenses?
It is a standard glass lens with decent quality coatings, so standard lens cleaning products should be fine.

Don't get it wet enough for liquid to get inside, just a fine mist.
Don't rub hard with the cloth, and don't clean more than necessary, the cloth wont cause damage but specs of dirt on it or the lens could cause scratches which can cause issues around bright lights at night.
Always use clean microfibre cloths, not paper, paper can cause scratches.

Microfiber cloths will be fine, and you can also use an alcohol cloth if you have one. Normally, you can peel off the protective film from the lens after installing it well, the lens will be kept in a clean status all the way.

Back