Camera turns oof when I start engine.

ptomic

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I installed A119 Mini_V1.1.20220817 recently.
Now I have an issue that camera turns OFF when I start engine. I didn’t have this kind of issues earlier.

That often happens when the starter motor kills off the circuit that the dashcam is connected to.

Lots of electrical items temporarily shutdown.

You need to find a circuit that stays powered during cranking, or, delay the dashcam powerup.

But it works earlier without problem.
I will write later how it looks.

There use to be a boot delay in dashcams, maybe try that so the camera only boot when things have settled

If it's a new problem on an existing dashcam then the internal battery or capacitor that used to temporarily take over may have died.

I installed A119 Mini_V1.1.20220817 recently.
Now I have an issue that camera turns OFF when I start engine. I didn’t have this kind of issues earlier.
Try the latest firmware from here:

I've encountered this problem with my A119 V3 in the cold season. The camera is connected to the cigarette lighter socket, which remains powered when the starter motor is cranking. In cold conditions, the system voltage drops during cranking and the camera turns off.

I was using a third party cigarette lighter USB plug. When I started using the Viofo supplied plug, the camera booted normally in cold conditions. No camera shut-offs anymore. The Viofo plug seems to stabilize the USB output voltage better than the third party plug.

To be on the safe side, I also started using the 5 sec. boot delay option, BTW.

Back