Cams for classic muscle car

bitter_1_

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel fortunate to have found this site. :) I am hoping you could help me decide on some cameras for my classic muscle car, specifically a 1969 Mustang Mach 1
1969-ford-mustang-mach-1-428-cobra-jet-11%20.jpg
I would like to at least put a forward facing dash cam in there. The car gets a lot of attention and I'd like to be able to show without question what happened (hoping nothing ever does happen). In addition to the front facing cam a rear facing camera that could aid with parking and keep an eye out on what is behind me would be nice to have but not required.

Some basic requirements for the front facing cam:
at least try to be less than obvious (doesn't have to be small, but 12" by 12" won't cut it. :) )
must not loose user settings with disconnected from power (stored with battery disconnected)
record in a loop, i.e. i should not have to press a button to record, it should always be recording, then when storage space is filled, it automatically over-writes the oldest data.
storage capacity should be able to hold at least 1 hour video
resolution should be at least 1080P with 30 fps
-IF- rear camera the front facing cam should be able to display the video image on its screen from rear camera.
-IF- no rear camera screen is less important.

rear facing cam
at least try to be less than obvious
must not loose user settings with disconnected from power (stored with battery disconnected)
record in a loop, i.e. i should not have to press a button to record, it should always be recording, then when storage space is filled, it automatically over-writes the oldest data.
storage capacity should be able to hold at least 1 hour video
resolution should be at least 1080P with 30 fps
must be able to send (via wired and/or wireless) the rear cam image to the screen up front. Screen may be part of front facing cam or could be independent screen.
not sure on mounting position, back window? under back spoiler? on license plate?

nice to have (not even sure if possible)
link with android device? allow display of video on android device? independent brightness adjustments for day and night.

thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Go to the top of the page and check "Dash Cam Comparison". The advice given is unbiased and based on many users feedback. They really are the best of current models for reasonable price.
You have to add your own preferences for what you will be happy with. Separate cams for front and back work just as well as a single cam with dual lenses. Some are very compact and would not distract from the general beauty of the car. The Mobius is another well respected yet very small cam. When you narrow it down to a few models, then invest some more time reading in the folder for that brand/cam, and you will sort out what you like best. Also consider the distributor support available. It is worth a little more getting the cam from trustworthy source. Make sure you buy a compatible memory card with high capacity. The distributor should be able to help.

I purchased a DOD LS300W and it works great. Later relocated it to the back window when I put the Panorama2 in the front. Better parking mode control was important. Panorama has excellent warranty and SW updates. Both of these are still working, but now I am looking to replace both with a smaller cam, possibly with remote lens and narrower field of view (120-90 degree). Hope you get lots of accident free use of your Mustang.

The BlackVue DR650GW-2CH we sell meets everything you're looking for except it comes with 720P rear camera. However, it is handsome and sleek enough to fit in your good looking car. Take a look. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Kelvin

Back