Can a GS8000L Support a 64GB SDXC card?

Dionic90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Powerucc Panorama X2, Powerucc Panorama G
AS title states? put in a 128gb just to be silly and it didnt recognize the card (it did in mass storage, but when unplugged from computer it says "insert card") but before i order a 64gb (i do have a 32), i wanted to know if this novatek cam will recognize and use 64gb?

cheers gents!

-Marc

I very well know the cam is low end--it's bashed on this site at every turn. That part of the comment didn't help me out at all.

However, I respect your knowledge on this site and I appreciate you for taking time to respond.

I very well know the cam is low end--it's bashed on this site at every turn. That part of the comment didn't help me out at all.

However, I respect your knowledge on this site and I appreciate you for taking time to respond.

sorry if my meaning wasn't clear, wasn't about the camera being low end, just that it uses a low end (entry level) chipset with limited functionality, it's not a chipset that gets much development so the likelihood of supporting a larger card would be extremely slim, it's not supported in the chipset architecture from the vendor and I don't think anyone would have done their own development to support SDXC cards like what has been done with the 96650 series chipset as the chipset this uses is always in entry level cost sensitive product

Mine will not, I tried a 64gb Samsung card and it would not recognize it correctly. I put in a SanDisk class 10 16gb and it works fine. I have had my 8000L up in my car since April of this year and it has never once given me any issues at all. My wife paid $30 for it so I have absolutely no complaints for the cost. I put it in the windshield and it has stayed there all summer with no ill effects that I can tell so far anyway.

Yeah this cam doesn't support sdxc cards so 32gb is the max.

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback on the camera. I have had zero issues with it. Most on this forum seem to bash it, however at this price point its a good option for a starter camera.

Back